Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remove Homebrew

Posted by sirius2008 
Remove Homebrew
September 07, 2010 06:52PM
I need to send in my Wii so that they'll fix it so that Smash Brothers will play again. It stopped reading the disc. And for them to fix it for free, I need to remove my hacks and everything. How can I do this?
Re: Remove Homebrew
September 07, 2010 09:23PM
If you have not used any NAND modifying applications other than the HBC, DVDx, or Bootmii, simply run the Hackmii Installer and have it uninstall everything that you have installed. Be sure to uninstall Bootmii/IOS last, even if you never installed it. Finally, check your play log and if the HBC appears in it, perform a system format.

If you have used other NAND modifying applications, you must provide details regarding exactly what you have done. If you do not tell us everything, we will be unable to tell you what to do, and you will likely not remove all traces of homebrew.
September 08, 2010 12:03AM
And whatever you do, don't use AnyTitle Deleter to remove installed homebrew!!!

AnyTitle Deleter leaves a lot of traces itself, which are detected by Nintendo Support and will deny to fix your Wii!
September 08, 2010 03:37PM
I imagine he wants to keep his save data, which formating will delete. Now you can back up with the nand back up tool, and then restore when you get your Wii back. They'll probably only replace the disc drive.

However, if they have to replace the console, it'll have different keys, and I'm not sure what the process is, if any, to copy your nand over to a new system.
September 10, 2010 05:00AM
If saved data is the only issue, then the easiest way to save it from formatting is to copy the saved data to an SD card (using homebrew if necessary) and then copy it back afterwards.
December 29, 2010 03:27PM
I have this exact same problem. SSBB started having slow loading times on my Wii about a year ago and a few months ago my Wii sometimes wouldn't even display it in the disk channel. Until about a month ago when it wouldn't load at all, and now my Wii won't play any games. The best I get is 10 mins before getting a disk read error, and I've tried a lens cleaner.

This thread is really helpful, thanks. Just a quick question; will apps that manage/extract & dump save files leave traces (I'm not sure if they modify NAND or not), and should I even bother using one? I know that Mario Kart saves (among others) can't be transferred between Wiis and I don't want to lose any save data.

Also, will I still be able to install HBC when my Wii is returned to me? Bannerbomb is dead and Smash Stack doesn't work in Pal, right (I'm using system menu 4.3E)? Will I be forced to buy Indiana Jones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2010 03:44PM by KingLewy13.
December 30, 2010 09:26AM
Axel

AnyTitle Deleter leaves a lot of traces itself, which are detected by Nintendo Support and will deny to fix your Wii!

What does it leave? the IOS 0?

Ive used the updated one by Bushing and other versions too, this concerns me.
December 31, 2010 04:43AM
NintendoFreak
Axel

I believe that the newer, AHBPROT-powered versions of AnyTitle Deleter don't leave traces. This includes the one bushing released. I can't be sure about "others", though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 04:48AM by WikiFSX.
December 31, 2010 08:43PM
WikiFSX
NintendoFreak
Axel

I believe that the newer, AHBPROT-powered versions of AnyTitle Deleter don't leave traces. This includes the one bushing released. I can't be sure about "others", though.

Ah, ok. I was referring to the ones not powered by AHPROT, but the one I used didn't leave anything because I checked with Bushing's and deleted tmds that didn't have a name. I also don't have the IOS0 so I guess Im fine.

A little off-topic, but does anyone know were I can find a version of Save Manager GX that doesn't use the dang CIOS249?
I want to remove the CIOS from my Wii (I only have 249 and 236), but I use the SaveGame Manager GX and it wont work without it ^_^
December 31, 2010 11:12PM
SGM GX doesn't support proper use of HW_AHBPROT yet, but the developer informs me it is planned. Hopefully this will happen soon, as it seems like a very useful application.
January 19, 2011 01:39AM
So, after performing the steps mentioned above, my Wii should be safe to send in to Nintendo for repair? Is it enough to go through the message boards and delete any entries that contain HBC or do I HAVE to format? Will I be able to reinstall HBC and BootMii afterwards? Thanks in advance for your response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 02:39AM by KingLewy13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login