Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update 4.3E from 3.4E, for a (French) Noooob...

Posted by waazdakka 
Update 4.3E from 3.4E, for a (French) Noooob...
September 16, 2010 10:04PM
Hello !

I am a bit lost, I'm new in the world of homebrew on Wii ...
Some questions, I think you'll easily guide me ...

After reading a lot of tutorials, I followed Bannerbomb's tuto, my Wii is in 3.4E. (This tuto: [wiibrew.org])
So I downloaded Bannerbomb v1, installed the Homebrew channel, I can therefore start from the folder "apps" on my SD card.

My question is, I'm wondering if the update to 4.3e is possible, without risk of brick for the console, informations about this update are very mixed ...

What I'm looking forward to the update, what the update brings (in addition to USB 2.0)?

I created this topic after reading the forum I am a bit lost between all versions of exploit, IOS, is what I have to install BootMii in IOS or boot2 all this, and I hope I have maked no double...

Thank you in advance for all your help, forums french is not very up to date ...
Re: Update 4.3E from 3.4E, for a (French) Noooob...
September 17, 2010 12:28AM
If you used bannerbomb v1 I would assume you have older version of it, if you have your wii connected to the internet you can start homebrew channel and it will give you a option to update HBC click yes, once that is done you can update to 4.3. But you may need to reinstall it for it to recognize IOS 58. You can download the IOS 58 installer, after that update HBC to latest version and have it recognize IOS 58, then update to 4.3. Right now I am on 4.2u since I am in usa, and don't really plan on updating to 4.3 since there aren't really any benefits. The usb speeds does come from IOS 58 if I have that right. So you can use the IOS 58 installer to get usb 2.0 speed.

If you don't have anything bad on your wii you should brick updating to 4.3. There is a way to update to 4.1 or 4.2 but maybe one of the other better experienced guys can tell you if you can do this. This is from what i have read and learned so far from this forum. There should be a person that is more experienced with this to add on what I have said.
September 17, 2010 04:08AM
The update will not brick your console. You have nothing to worry about.
September 17, 2010 10:54AM
Thanks for all your advice =)

I finally updated the wii to 4.3E, and reboot .... Surprise, the homebrew channel is always present ...

@ Dirtrider73068: HBC didn't proposed me to update while I was connected to the internet, so I must have the latest version ...
What does the IOS 58? It is included in the update to the Wii, right?

Thank you to you both:)
September 17, 2010 02:07PM
Yes 4.3 should have the IOS 58, if you didn't want to update you could install yourself to have it, and not be on 4.3
September 17, 2010 03:25PM
IOS 58 allows USB 2.0 speed in the Homebrew Channel and other applications. You must reinstall the Homebrew Channel to make use of it, though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login