Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Animal Crossing Wii (Wifi Play)

Posted by PowerBuster 
Animal Crossing Wii (Wifi Play)
December 27, 2008 01:32AM
I couldnt find the answer anywhere so i guess ill ask, can you play online without updating? Can you play online? Can nintendo find out you are using a modded wii and ban you (With Animal Crossing or even in general)? I guess my basic question is, can i play Animal Crossing (Or any game) online with friends?
Re: Animal Crossing Wii (Wifi Play)
December 27, 2008 01:38AM
Technically Nintendo can ban you from the use of their services. However, I've never heard of it ever happening. I've also never heard of Nintendo being able to detect if the Homebrew channel was installed in a Wii. You can play online without updating, they don't check your firmware when you connect. So yeah, as of right now, you can play whatever you want online with whoever you want for as long as you want.
Re: Animal Crossing Wii (Wifi Play)
December 28, 2008 09:07AM
I actually think they can from the Nintendo Channel, if you decide to upload your gameplay data for whatever reason, since it does show up in the daily logs. But that data is probably anonymized anyway. Also, earlier on the DS people were using hacked ROMs on flashcarts to play online games like Metroid Prime Hunters with cheats/hacks, and I think eventually (after most people had given up on playing it online, or something) they did remove the cheaters from their leaderboards, but I think as long as you don't cheat you won't face any penalties, and I don't think they actually have a system set up for banning anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login