Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC re-update option

Posted by punkydudester 
HBC re-update option
October 14, 2010 12:38PM
I noticed when there is an update for HomeBrew Channel it lets you know & allows you to do an update. Is there an option where you can go to re-update without having to re-hack your wii or have you considered putting in a setting that would allow you to update or re-update HBC. I updated the FCEultra GX channel installer & then tried to load it in HBC but it told me I couldn't run it again. I wasn't sure what to do so I deleted the channel then tried again & it said to install IOS58. I already had the latest HBC so I'm confused. How do the Channel installer updates work as far as do I need to delete the channel everytime a new update is sent assuming that Tantric is using forwarders as a channel. By the way, I love the beautiful work Team Tweezers & Tantric do. You guys are outstanding! You are dedicated & I enjoy everything you touch. I plan on donating soon for sure. I couldn't feel completely right not contributing somehow someway. I just wish I could help but I'm very new & only just modded my wii in june. I've got a lot to learn & your terms are over my head sometime though I have read the glossary of terms a few times.
Re: HBC re-update option
October 14, 2010 04:01PM
In order for HBC to detect IOS58, the IOS has to be already installed when you install/update your HBC.

If you installed IOS58 after installing/updating HBC that is why it can not see it.

You do need indeed to reinstall your HBC in order for it to make use of IOS58, and you are right, there is no such 're-update' feature. However, you don't need to use a exploit again to run the HackMii installer, just copy the boot.elf file into a folder inside sd:\apps (for example sd:\apps\hbc_update) and you can launch the installer from your current HBC itself.

I hope this helps you to solve your issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 04:01PM by Axel.
Re: HBC re-update option
October 14, 2010 10:45PM
Oh that's cool. That will be nice. I'll try that. IOS58 was working but when I deleted the channel forwarders Tantric made to update them it said IOS58 wasn't working anymore. I thought that was strange.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login