Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii HBC installation help

Posted by nintenguy 
wii HBC installation help
November 23, 2010 08:01PM
i tried to reinstall the HBC after installing internet on my wii, but the system files are corrupted. What should I do?
Re: wii HBC installation help
November 23, 2010 09:15PM
What exactly did you do? and what do you mean "installing internet"? How are you trying to install the Homebrew Channel?
November 23, 2010 09:48PM
what i did was I connnected to the internet via wireless, and it removed the HBC. Then I did the connnection process all over again, this time i didnt agree to removing the HBC. So i tried to reinstall the Homebrew channel with bannerbomb then it told me the system files corrupted. What should i do?
November 23, 2010 10:59PM
nintenguy
what i did was I connnected to the internet via wireless, and it removed the HBC. Then I did the connnection process all over again, this time i didnt agree to removing the HBC. So i tried to reinstall the Homebrew channel with bannerbomb then it told me the system files corrupted. What should i do?

When you boot your wii does it fail and say "The system files are corrupted, please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting".
November 23, 2010 11:13PM
Bannerbomb will no longer work with 4.3. You need to use Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, or Yu-Gi-Vah to install it.
November 23, 2010 11:42PM
Yeah, and you didn't "install internet", you updated your Wii. And you can't not "agree to removing the HBC". You should have updated your Homebrew Channel first.
November 24, 2010 12:09AM
Thanks, i'll use the manual and some other method than bannerbomb since it doesnt work on 4.3
November 24, 2010 12:20AM
This guide should help.
November 24, 2010 09:21PM
nintenguy
Thanks, i'll use the manual and some other method than bannerbomb since it doesnt work on 4.3

You have to use either the Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns exploit. For a guide use this or this.
November 24, 2010 10:43PM
Linuz
nintenguy

You have to use either the Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns exploit. For a guide use this or this.
My guide covers both of those and is a lot more comprehensive than the pages you linked to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 10:44PM by bg4545.
November 25, 2010 08:03PM
bg4545
Linuz
nintenguy

My guide covers both of those and is a lot more comprehensive than the pages you linked to.

You might see it like that, but others may disagree, and it is only your opinion that your guide is more comprehensive. He could still use the pages I linked to or the pages you linked to, it's his choice.
November 25, 2010 11:23PM
If you'd read it yourself you'd notice the difference. I spent a lot of time putting it together and I know it's easier to understand than reading the WiiBrew wiki pages.
November 26, 2010 12:04AM
Linuz
bg4545

You might see it like that, but others may disagree, and it is only your opinion that your guide is more comprehensive. He could still use the pages I linked to or the pages you linked to, it's his choice.

bg4545's post was not opinion. The extent to which something is comprehensive is not an opinion. It either is or is not more comprehensive. I have not extensively examined either, but from my brief look, bg4545's seemed more in depth. This is NOT an opinion.

EDIT: Yeah I had a look back at both bg4545's guide and the pages you linked (which seemed like strange pages to link, these would have been better:

[wiibrew.org]
[wiibrew.org]
[wiibrew.org]!
[wiibrew.org]

because they actually guide through installation) and bg4545's guide is more comprehensive than the pages you linked and the pages I mentioned above combined.

Whether or not it is better is an opinion (and mine is that it is), but that it is more comprehensive is a fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 12:09AM by SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login