Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.3e Ruined My Homebrew?

Posted by khanage 
4.3e Ruined My Homebrew?
December 24, 2010 06:32PM
Well apologies for breaking the rules on my previous post.

Okay, I used the Twilight hack a year or so ago to install the homebrew channel. It worked great. I didn't think i needed the channel after i got my desired brews, so i uninstalled it.

Now, my sister updated the Wii yesterday to 4.3e and none of my previous brews work. I guess i need to install new versions (i haven't used my my wii for about 7 months) but i dont know how to go about it with this new firmware. I read that 4.3e blocks the channel but as i have previously hacked the Wii im hoping it may work. What would be the best method now if i wanted to install the Homebrew channel and some new applications? Is it even possible? Thank you guys!
Re: 4.3e Ruined My Homebrew?
December 24, 2010 07:50PM
If you want to reinstall HBC, you will need to use the Indiana Pwns exploit, the Smash Stack exploit or the Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds exploit. All are explained in the guide that is linked in the sticky in the "Getting Started" forum. Smash Stack only works for US Wiis and Japanese Wiis MUST use Yu-Gi-Oh exploit, but other than that they should all work. You WILL need to purchase a game for this if you don't own one of the three necessary games currently.
December 24, 2010 08:14PM
SifJar
If you want to reinstall HBC, you will need to use the Indiana Pwns exploit, the Smash Stack exploit or the Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds exploit. All are explained in the guide that is linked in the sticky in the "Getting Started" forum. Smash Stack only works for US Wiis and Japanese Wiis MUST use Yu-Gi-Oh exploit, but other than that they should all work. You WILL need to purchase a game for this if you don't own one of the three necessary games currently.

Smash Stack only works on US and Japan Wiis.

I suggest you use the Indiana Jones game exploit - Indiana Pwns as I heard that is a good game, and the Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds game probably sucks anyway.
December 24, 2010 08:55PM
Oh oh well. I had tried many of the methods that required the boot programs and forwarder channels to be already installed, thinking maybe i did this all that while ago. I didn't. Im not going to bother with buying Indiana Jones (i would have bought SSB but im PAL) so ill guess ill just wait until/if they find a way to revert or fix the 4.3. Thanks for the help anyway, guys!
December 25, 2010 03:20AM
You can reinstall HBC with those exploits and get everything back. If you still have your sd card and didn't erase it than all your apps will still be there, it just deleted the HBC from the wii. If you don't want to buy the game you can rent it, reinstall HBC then return the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login