Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dvd playback

Posted by mechtech2000 
dvd playback
January 02, 2011 11:39PM
I have a Wii with OS 4.3 and Homebrew loaded. How can I tell if my Dvd drive can Play them? Everything works fine but dvd playback. Thanks to all who reply in advance.
Re: dvd playback
January 03, 2011 12:06AM
If you can't watch movies then you have revised disc drive that won't play dvd movies just original legit games.
January 03, 2011 12:36AM
There are sites which will estimate your disc drive based on your serial number. I don't know where to find these sites, but try googling and see what you can find. Basically, a Wii bought in the last 6-12months most likely has a new drive unable to read video DVDs I believe.

EDIT: [www.wiidrives.com] - try that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2011 12:37AM by SifJar.
January 03, 2011 03:43AM
I tried that site but it seems that it told me what the machine is but won't tell me what disk drive it has. Funny part is that if I start wiimcplayer, it says that I inserted a data dvd but won't play it. I am new to this but I think it is safe to assume that it does use a dvd drive??? What have they done that will only make it read game disks? It's a shame because I was going to use it to play my son's dvd's. Thankyou for replying, to all!
January 03, 2011 05:32PM
What are the first 5 characters of your serial number?
January 03, 2011 09:38PM
lu810 . Hope that helps. Thankyou
January 04, 2011 08:33PM
It looks quite likely that your Wii has a drive incapable of reading movie or burnt DVDs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login