Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew advice wanted

Posted by zabs 
Wii Homebrew advice wanted
May 27, 2011 01:37AM
Hi guys,

I am about to start using my Wii again - it is kinda old currently running System Menu 3.2E, it does have a very old version of the Twilight hack on there however I'd like to ideally update my System Menu (if recommended by you guys) and update my homebrew to the latest version of whatever is the best one that you feel I should use.

Not sure if it is relevant - but I am from the UK (therefore my Wii was bought in the UK)

Can you guys tell me what I should do next? Could someone put me in the right direction to a guide or even better a YouTube video that will give me a 'Dummies proof' way of updating everything?

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks.
Re: Wii Homebrew advice wanted
May 27, 2011 02:41AM
Stay off youtube, you will get your wii bricked by following those vids. If you already and still have HBC, then update the HBC to its currnet version, you can do this by haveing the wii connected to the internet or get the latest version of the hackmii installer and install the lastest version of HBC, then once you have HBC updated you can update to 4.3. If you want usb use for HBC, before you updated anything you can use the IOS 58 installer install it, then update HBC so it will see IOS 58 then continue to update everything else.
May 27, 2011 02:51AM
No need to install IOS58 if you're already on 4.3.
May 27, 2011 02:53AM
But if he is running 3.2 and wants to update to 4.3 wouldn't he need to install the IOS 58 so the HBC would see or has something been fixed so that doesn't need to happen? I asked about it before and read some where on here sometime ago that was the way to do it.
May 27, 2011 03:01AM
If you want to update the Homebrew Channel, follow this guide: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
After that you can go to Wii Options -> System Settings -> Wii System Update to update to 4.3E. Then you should be good to go; I'm not sure if having IOS58 before the install matters but it's not absolutely necessary.
May 27, 2011 11:40AM
If you don't have IOS58 before HBC is installed, it HBC won't run on IOS58. If you just run the installer again and reinstall after having updated to 4.3, it'll all work out OK and be simpler.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login