Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Converting save files from different regions (Xenoblade)

Posted by agoaj 
Converting save files from different regions (Xenoblade)
April 06, 2012 08:47PM
I was wondering about converting save files from different regions, specifically for Xenoblade pal saves to North American saves. Has something like this been done before?

Is FE100 and a hex editor all I'll need to try it?
Re: Converting save files from different regions (Xenoblade)
April 06, 2012 10:35PM
I've done it before but it may depend on the game whether it works or not.
What you have to do is:
1. Get 2 saves; the save you want to convert and the save that's from your region.
2. Unpack both saves with FE100 (or tachtig from Segher's Wii.git)
3. Take the contents from the save you want to convert (they should be files without an extention, in this game's case "monado01", "monado02", and "monado03") and replace your region's save with those. You can leave the icon, banner, and title files alone.
4. Repack the saves with FE100 (or twintig)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 10:56PM by bg4545.
April 08, 2012 05:18AM
You do it like this
Xenoblade Chronicles PAL > NTSC Save editing, How to convert your save between the 2 regions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 05:42AM by bg4545.
April 08, 2012 05:45AM
mauifrog
You do it like this
Xenoblade Chronicles PAL > NTSC Save editing, How to convert your save between the 2 regions
I'm pretty sure my way works just as well and since agoaj is using FE100, he/she has data.bin files and isn't using Savegame Manager GX. Next time don't make vague posts to lead to other sites that you can't link to here.
April 08, 2012 08:02AM
name='Shadow#1' timestamp='1333853628' post='4175726'
This is how to edit the save if you want to use the ntsc version of the game now. First get a preferred hex editor of your choice then use a save dumper for wii the one i used was save game manager GX. Dump your pal save with the above app then open the "index.sgmgx" file in your preferred hex editor from folder savegames\0001000053583450 it will look like this

now see all the red box's above you will need to highlight the 5 in 50 and then type 45 for all the red box's then it will look like this

then go to file then click save box will come up asking you if you want to change say yes

then after that rename the folder from 0001000053583450 to 0001000053583445 then use save game manager GX again to install the save then your save should show up in the ntsc game now
October 21, 2012 08:30AM
Hello

I tried to convert "Clone Wars Lightsaber duels" from NTSC to PAL as is decribe above.
I have two .bin files (100% NTSC and my pure PAL).
I extract them with FE100.
I move files "Data0' , "Data1" , "Data2" , "Data3" from NTSC to PAL
I repack files into new .bin with FE100.
Unfortunetly, the new save is not working (it can not be copied from SD into console memory)

Can you help me to solve this.

Thaks
Artur

PS: I don't have HBC, in my console I have WiiKey installed.

bg4545
I've done it before but it may depend on the game whether it works or not.
What you have to do is:
1. Get 2 saves; the save you want to convert and the save that's from your region.
2. Unpack both saves with FE100 (or tachtig from Segher's Wii.git)
3. Take the contents from the save you want to convert (they should be files without an extention, in this game's case "monado01", "monado02", and "monado03") and replace your region's save with those. You can leave the icon, banner, and title files alone.
4. Repack the saves with FE100 (or twintig)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login