Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New wii has no ports for GC controller

Posted by akwiz 
New wii has no ports for GC controller
July 21, 2012 02:14AM
I just bought a new wii and loaded up bootmii on it. I am unable to navigate and so I was going to buy a GC controller to get around this. Unfortunatley, the new wii has no ports for the GC controller. Apparently the wii classic controller (which I believe connects to the wiimotes) also does not work.

Any advice on how I would go about procceding?
Re: New wii has no ports for GC controller
July 21, 2012 08:43AM
You are supposed to be able to use the "Power", "Reset", and "Eject" buttons on the console itself to navigate BootMii. Power is "right", Reset is "A / accept", and Eject is "left"
August 19, 2012 04:10AM
lol really...why dont they just add wii remote support...the new wiis really dont have gc ports? well u really dont need boot mii unless you are making a nand backup , or trying to remove the evil stub 249.
August 19, 2012 07:05AM
MINECRAFTER
lol really...why dont they just add wii remote support...the new wiis really dont have gc ports? well u really dont need boot mii unless you are making a nand backup , or trying to remove the evil stub 249.
First of all, you shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. If adding Wii remote support were so easy it would have been there. It's just not possible to use the Wii remotes in BootMii.
Secondly, you don't use BootMii to remove the stub IOS249.
August 22, 2012 12:39AM
1. i used BootMiI to remove stub 249 so dont tell me u dont use bootmii to remove stub 249
2. multiple people have modded bootmii so it could use wii remotes (however it really had no point because it just registered as a homebrew app) so there for you could add wii remote support to bootmii.

anyway the anwser has been found so really no point to continue posting on this
August 22, 2012 09:17AM
MINECRAFTER
1. i used BootMiI to remove stub 249 so dont tell me u dont use bootmii to remove stub 249
2. multiple people have modded bootmii so it could use wii remotes (however it really had no point because it just registered as a homebrew app) so there for you could add wii remote support to bootmii.
I would PM you but the system is broken.
1. You did not use BootMii to remove it you used some other application that is NOT BootMii to do whatever you did.
2. Same as 1; You can't add Wii remote support to BootMii but you can load apps the support the Wii remote.
This is BootMii:
August 28, 2012 12:50PM
MINECRAFTER

anyway the anwser has been found so really no point to continue posting on this

Don't argue with an admin.
September 23, 2012 04:15AM
BootMii just loads a couple executables off the SD card at startup, doesn't it? (ppcboot.elf and armboot.bin if I recall correctly?) So put the homebrew channel or whatever executable there and voila, you have a menu with Wiimote support.

(Disclaimer: I don't know if HBC will actually load this way.)

Sucks they removed the ports though. Guess WiiU upscaling Gamecube games to 1080p is a dream I won't see come true any time soon. :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 04:16AM by HyperHacker.
September 23, 2012 08:04AM
That's not how it works.
September 23, 2012 08:13PM
HyperHacker
Sucks they removed the ports though. Guess WiiU upscaling Gamecube games to 1080p is a dream I won't see come true any time soon. :/
This topic is talking about newer Wiis that don't have GameCube ports. It has nothing to do with Wii U.
September 23, 2012 08:41PM
Yes, but if they removed the ports from Wiis, I doubt WiiU will have them either.
September 23, 2012 11:57PM
HyperHacker
Yes, but if they removed the ports from Wiis, I doubt WiiU will have them either.
Wii U is supposed to have downloadable GameCube games. I'm sure they'll have some new controller or something for that.
October 15, 2012 10:33PM
So can bootmii run correctly on the new wii without gamecube hardware?
October 15, 2012 11:08PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login