Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My setup that is working...

Posted by Skanzo 
My setup that is working...
January 09, 2009 10:23PM
Just wanted to post the setup that I just got working today.

Wii Console Ver. 3.4U (I assume the U is for United States?)
HomeBrew Channel Ver. 1.0.1
IOS36 V12.18
Twilight Hack RVL-RZDE-0A-0
ScummVW 0.12.0
Gecko OS app 1.07

I tried both "The Curse Of Monkey Island" and "Day Of The Tentacle", both worked perfectly, no lag, full dialog, full music. I set the saved gave path to the top ScummVM folder for both games. That's the only setting I changed.

I am going to go buy a bigger SD card and try a bunch more this weekend and I'll post what I got working.

Also, I ran Gecko OS app 1.07 from the HomeBrew channel and successfully played a PAL import Wii disc game! I bought the game "Lucky Luke - Go West" a while back in hopes that I would get this working, the default Gecko that game with the HomeBrew Channel pack did not work. Downloading the (re)packaged 1.07b and replacing that worked. At first I didn't realize you could change some of the settings on the Gecko app, so when the game ran, the V-Hold was all out of wack. Then I restarted and changed settings and set the NTSC patch to YES and it worked! Played perfectly!

Thanks for this! HomeBrew Channel is made of %100 AWESOME!
Re: My setup that is working...
January 10, 2009 12:54AM
Just to be a picky b**tard, it's SCUMMVM and not SCUMMVW.
January 10, 2009 03:06PM
Hahah!
Actually I drive a VW Beetle :) So it was a subconscious slip of mine.
Just a typo, I've actually been using ScummVM for a long time now, and have ran it on my past 3 cell phones.
Was going to jailbreak my iPhone just for this purpose!

But thanks for your keen vision and grammatical super skills!
January 10, 2009 03:10PM
lol :-)

ScummVM is the first thing I put on any machine that supports it. Desktop, PocketPC, Wii :-)

Welcome to the forums btw
January 10, 2009 03:59PM
Thanks,
I'm no coder by any means, but I have bought every Nintendo console since the NES I got for my 5th birthday. I still remember saving my lawn mowing money and paying $75 for Super Mario Bros. 3 the day it came out!

My main reason for the HomeBrew Channel was to get the Gecko going and play import games. Which is successful.

I am also going to really enjoy playing ScummVM now on it as well. I'd like to try and do some networking sync where my Mac grabs my game saves and copies them to my iPhone and back again.
But I think that is going to have to take Apple supporting file sync on the iPhone with iTunes instead of that crappy MobleMe stuff that costs!

I would also love to see some sort of WiiBrew app for the iPhone. I don't know what it would be or do, but something to bring the iPhone and the Wii closer to each other. Maybe sending the Wii "mail" to the iPhone, maybe allowing you to wi-fi transfer apps to the Wii HomeBrew Channel....I dunno, something! There are tons of Xbox apps for the iPhone, the Wii seems like a logically choice to pair up with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login