Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd Boot Problem

Posted by Juxpitos 
Re: Wierd Boot Problem
September 16, 2009 01:12AM
That is correct.

Delete IOS 255 and then try AnyRegion Changer again. Only do a WAD installation if AnyRegion Changer does not work.

If you do a WAD installation, be sure to get the right version of IOS 30 (1040) and of the system menu (289) and install the IOS first. If you do not do this exactly, you may ruin your wii unless you have Bootmii.

Also, after doing the WAD installation, never uninstall the system menu WAD as this will brick your wii.
September 16, 2009 05:47PM
Ok, that was what I did.
1. to remove IOS255 with AnyTitleDeleter.
2. to run SignCheck again, just to verify that IOS255 is not present anymore.
3. to turn on the wii, just to see what´s going on: only show me the HBC frozen screen, I think ´cause I put in the preloader to boot from the HBC.( by the way what are the correct choices in the prloader menus?
4. to run AnyRegion Changer, it starts to install Systemmenu and again it shows me the same screen with garbage.
5. to put unzipped WadImport file on SD card, ....And I didn´t anymore ´cause I´m a litle nervous with your warnings about WAD installation.
Now I´m looking the IOS30(1040) but I´d like to have another option, do you have one???
Thanks
September 16, 2009 09:03PM
You do get a black screen when you select system menu in preloader, right? I just assumed that this was the case, but if not it could be useful to know.

hypershadow
by the way what are the correct choices in the prloader menus?

I don't quite understand your question. What are you trying to do with it?

hypershadow
to run AnyRegion Changer, it starts to install Systemmenu and again it shows me the same screen with garbage.

You could use Dop-IOS to trucha patch and install version 3092 (the version dosn't really matter) of IOS 35 and then try AnyRegion Changer again, but this will only help if your current IOS 35 is corrupted, which I think is unlikely. Other than this, I cannot imagine why you are having this problem, but it you post a picture of this garbage maybe we could figure out more about it.

hypershadow
Now I´m looking the IOS30(1040) but I´d like to have another option, do you have one???

Unfortunately, a WAD installation is your only option unless you can get AnyRegion Changer to work. However, if you install Bootmii as boot 2 and make a NAND backup with it before you install the system menu and anything goes wrong with the WAD installation you can just restore the backup and you will be back in the same situation that you are now. You can restore this backup as many times as you want meaning that it would be safe to brick your wii since you could always recover it, so I recommend that you just install Bootmii and proceed to do the WAD installation. Although, if you have a new wii and can't install Bootmii as boot 2 (the IOS version is almost useless), you may have no choice but to take the risk.
September 17, 2009 06:16PM
Hi, jbc007:
Do you ask me the following issues:
jbc007
You do get a black screen when you select system menu in preloader, right?
Yes.

jbc
I don't quite understand your question. What are you trying to do with it?
In the preloader there are two menus: Systemmenu Hacks has tree topics:
Replace health warning with backmenu [[b]enabled[/b]] or [disabled]
Region free Wii Games [[b]enabled[/b]] or [disabled]
Skip disc update check [enabled] or [[b]disabled[/b]]

And the Settings has 7 topics:
autoboot. here you can choose systemmenu, file, preloader o HBC
Return to: the same options of the autoboot.
Shutdown to: same options
Stop disc : [on ] [off]
show beta update: [on ] [off]
Light slot on error: [on ] [off]
Ignore standby Settings: [on ] [off].

these menus are what I talking about.
jbc007
I cannot imagine why you are having this problem, but it you post a picture of this garbage maybe we could figure out more about it.
I don´t know ( yet) how to paste a picture,but I´trying
September 18, 2009 01:36AM
hypershadow
n the preloader there are two menus: Systemmenu Hacks has tree topics:
Replace health warning with backmenu [enabled] or [disabled]
Region free Wii Games [enabled] or [disabled]
Skip disc update check [enabled] or [disabled]

As you probably know, these just have the stated affect on the system menu when they are enabled. Since you can't load the system menu right now, they are useless.

hypershadow
And the Settings has 7 topics:
autoboot. here you can choose systemmenu, file, preloader o HBC
Return to: the same options of the autoboot.
Shutdown to: same options
Stop disc : [on ] [off]
show beta update: [on ] [off]
Light slot on error: [on ] [off]
Ignore standby Settings: [on ] [off].

What you set these to is up to you, there is no "correct" way to set them. Changing these settings will not affect the brick.

hypershadow
I don´t know ( yet) how to paste a picture,but I´trying

I cannot help you here as I am not sure how to post a picture either, sorry. Could someone please let us know how to do it?

As for fixing your wii, I am willing to help you get AnyRegion Changer working, but there is nothing more that I can suggest until I see the picture. As for the WAD installation, it should be safe to do as long as you do EXACTLY what I said. Unless you just want AnyRegion Changer to work, you may as well do a WAD installation.
September 18, 2009 03:19AM
Take a screentshot of the screen, upload it somewhere and give us the link/embed in post.
September 18, 2009 03:23AM
TopGun96
Take a screentshot of the screen, upload it somewhere and give us the link/embed in post.
To elaborate:

Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (I'm pretty sure its usually near the upper-right hand side of your keyboard), and then right-click/paste to your desktop/picture editing program. Then upload it. :)
September 18, 2009 06:54AM
Hi, I hope you can see the pictures with the garbage.
picture 2:
[lh6.ggpht.com]

picture 1:
[lh5.ggpht.com]

Thanks guys
September 18, 2009 06:47PM
Well, this is very odd. The only thing that I can think of is that IOS 35 might be corrupted, although I do not even know if that could cause this problem. The only thing that I can suggest to get AnyRegion Changer to work is my previous suggestion to use dop-IOS to reinstall IOS 35; however, I cannot guarantee that that would work.

Does anyone else know what could be causing this problem?
September 18, 2009 08:26PM
Yeah! that´s very odd. I´ll to reinstall the IOS35 and then try with AnyRegion Changer again.
Question: If I wanna use the Dop-IOS, I must to put the .dol file ( the tool) and the .wad file ( the IOS35 downloaded with NUS) in the root of SD card at the same time or I must to put first the Dop to install it and then to put the .wad file. Could you tell what is the procedure?
In the meantime, I hope that Somebody else could tell us something, about this problem.
Thanks.
September 19, 2009 12:08AM
You could just install the WAD with WadManager....

I dont think Dop-IOS will use a wad.
September 19, 2009 04:36AM
Dop IOS downloads IOSs from Nintendo's servers, so you do not need to use a WAD. Just run the program and tell it to install and trucha patch the latest version of IOS 35. It will find the file itself.
September 19, 2009 10:21PM
Yes but he was asking if Dop-IOS would use the WAD he already had...
September 20, 2009 05:14PM
Finally I used the DOP-IOS tool and now I´m inthe worst scenario: NOTHING IS WORKING !! :
I put the extracted files on the SD card.
I load the dop-ios_v7.elf and...
the preloader was frozen.
And now I had just your help or send it to Nintendo.

I hope suggestions.
Thanks
September 21, 2009 08:31PM
Are you saying that you can no longer start Preloader? It does not make any sense that that would happen as Dop-IOS does not affect preloader.

What exactely happened? Did Preloader just freeze when loading Dop-IOS but you can use it for everything else, or do you mean that Preloader is now completely useless?

If you can still use preloader, run Loadmii with Preloader and use it to load Dop-IOS.
September 21, 2009 10:04PM
Hello jbc007, the preloader start still, but don´t work..
that was what I did...
I loaded the file dop-ios_v7.elf as usually I do it.
the preloader showed me the message "file loaded press 1 for to run."
And then... the wiimote was not able for move the "cursor", maybe is posible to move it with a gamecube controller, but i have no one, for now I just can see the menu on the preloader but I can´t do anything.
I need to test the remote controller in another wii.
Thanks
September 22, 2009 12:18AM
Your wiimote became unsynced. It is not possible to sync a wiimote in Preloader, so you will have to use a gamecube controller. Also, many applications will not work with a gamecube controller, including Dop-IOS I think, so you will have to use Dop-IOS_MOD instead.
September 23, 2009 05:11AM
Ok, the wiimote is back,! and now we can continue working in the "unbricking" the litle white girl, aparently the wiimote battery were discharged. uff!!!
So. what thing we can do first?

Thanks
September 23, 2009 05:47AM
Hey jbc007, I wanna use the DOP-IOS but I ´ve a doubt. The readme file talk about, to be very sure to have cIOS 249, how can I know if I have it??... The c on cIOS means customized??
What about to upgrade to 3.4 or 4.0 ??
Please choose for me, the better way to recover (to reinstall IOS35 for now) I don´t want to full brick the Wii.
Thanks.
This is the legend inside the readme file

"Usage:
*Make sure you have a cIOS installed on 249
*Update to 3.4 (through game disc) or 4.0 (through Wii configuration menu)
*Run Dop-IOS
September 23, 2009 08:35PM
Yes, cIOS stands for custom IOS. According to the SignCheck file, you do have cIOS 249 (IOS 249 is always a cIOS). I see no reason why you would need to update before using it. So go ahead and try it, and make sure to have it patch the trucha bug into IOS 35.

I hope that this works for you, but if you still cannot run AnyRegion Changer after doing this then you will have to do a WAD installation of IOS 30 and the system menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login