Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forum Changes and Reorganization

Posted by tona 
Forum Changes and Reorganization
September 29, 2008 06:40PM
Hello fellow Wiibrewers!

We will soon be putting a couple of organizational changes in to place on the forums.

Consolidation:
There are a huge number of forums, and so we're going to make a first attempt at consolidation. The "Homebrew Ideas & Suggestions" and "Homebrew Help & Questions" forums will be absorbed by the other two Homebrew forums. Initially, we will simply move all existing threads from the deprecated categories to the Homebrew General forum. However, the rules of the two remaining forums will change slightly.

1. Homebrew General will now contain topics discussing homebrew in general, non-existent homebrew (ideas, etc.), and help/questions for general homebrew topics (TP Hack, HBC, etc.).
2. Homebrew Applications will now contain topics discussing anything concerning existing homebrew applications--comments, announcements, and support for existing applications will all take place in this forum.

That is the extent of consolidation efforts. In addition to these changes, however, I would like to introduce....

FixMii Forum
Wiis can become "Bricked" for many reasons. Over the past few months, we've discovered the a number of different types of "bricks" and their causes. The practice of fixing bricks is of interest to many groups of people: Those with bricked Wiis, those studying Wii behavior, and those generally interested in helping people out.
What's more, "Bricked" Wiis are not normally supported by Nintendo, and they're not easy to create without using homebrew or hardware hacks in some way. In this way, they have a sort of unique status. The homebrew community has many tools at its disposal to modify the Wii's software configuration. This, combined with knowledge of the system itself, allows us to help many users fix their bricked, or otherwise malfunctioning Wiis.

For this purpose, we have decided to open a "FixMii" Forum--Where users can seek help for their bricked, misconfigured, or otherwise less-than-fully-functional Wiis.

Of course, some specific rules will apply to this forum. In order to keep the forum helpful and useful, threads in this forum should be restricted to problems which were caused by or can be fixed by homebrew methods. Since this distinction is not easily made by those seeking answers to their problems, this restriction will be lenient--Moderators will likely take care of quite a bit of cleanup :)

Anyway, that's all for now. Further details will be specified upon opening of the forum. Comments are enabled on this topic for now. This post will be edited and the thread closed when the changes have taken place. Further discussion at that point should take place in the feedback/support forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2008 06:41PM by tona.
Re: Forum Changes and Reorganization
September 29, 2008 09:04PM
Like what your doing. Is anything else changing (color scheme, comment set-up)?
September 30, 2008 01:28AM
Arikado
Like what your doing. Is anything else changing (color scheme, comment set-up)?
No such changes are planned, although I'm not sure what you mean by "comment set-up."
September 30, 2008 05:49PM
I noticed the code formatting no longer has a brown background so I assumed there may be some difference in the way comments are posted.

Code Format:
Code Format
September 30, 2008 05:57PM
What the heck? It was a white background the other day, I swear. Also, why can't I edit my posts in this topic?
September 30, 2008 09:14PM
(triple post ftw) You know what? The code format background is brown in the latest version of firefox. However, on the latest version of internet explorer, its white. It used to be brown on the internet explorer. Since you're making changes, could it be brown on both?

BTW I know that was probably offtopic. The code thing is also why I thought you may be making changes to how we post comments.
September 30, 2008 10:02PM
Arikado
(triple post ftw) You know what? The code format background is brown in the latest version of firefox. However, on the latest version of internet explorer, its white. It used to be brown on the internet explorer.

Code Tags Screenshot

:confused:

Edit: And you should now be able to edit your own posts on this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 10:05PM by tona.
September 30, 2008 11:13PM
Thats really, really, really wierd. I'm at home using internet explorer now and see a white background (only a couple days ago it was brown). Earlier, I posted from a different computer where I using firefox. When (if) I use it again tomorrow I'll show you my own screens. Didn't it seriously used to be brown though?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 11:13PM by Arikado.
October 01, 2008 04:52PM
Heres a pic of what I got: codeformatbrownbackgorund

EDIT: Sorry, you'll have to download the pic to view it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 05:09PM by Arikado.
October 01, 2008 06:35PM
Arikado
Heres a pic of what I got: codeformatbrownbackgorund
Looks exactly the same as what I posted. And yes, it has always been that way.
October 01, 2008 10:19PM
Interesting. I actually prefer the code format's brown background over the white background I'm looking at right now.

Anyways, I support what you're doing to the forums. Please keep up the good work.
October 03, 2008 08:27PM
Bring on the FixMii forum!
October 04, 2008 01:11AM
Well there is actually Fixmii stuff in System Menu section :)
October 04, 2008 10:54AM
Changes have taken place. Mostly. Got a problem with it? Take it up in Feedback/Suggestions. :) Thanks
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.