Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

Forum problems fixed; Arikado is leaving

Posted by Arikado 
Forum problems fixed; Arikado is leaving
August 27, 2011 02:20AM
On August 25th my inbox started blowing up with users e-mailing me that no one could post on the forums. Months prior to this the forum had also begun having a handful of issues with it's SMTP (mail) functionality. I'm pleased to announce that I've finally fixed both of these issues by spending several hours playing with the forum software. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by both of these issues.

This incident has reminded me how little free time is actually available to me so I have decided that I will no longer continue my role as a forum administrator here on the WiiBrew Forums. I am currently seeking an active moderator or respected member of the forums to replace my duties. Upon finding one I shall relinquish myself of Administrator status.

Due to recent forum outage and suddenness of the change up in forum administration I will leave this topic open for discussion for awhile.

Thank you again for your patience and support during the last several days.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2011 02:23AM by Arikado.
Re: Forum problems fixed; Arikado is leaving
August 27, 2011 03:09AM
No problem for me, but don't leave what about pointing a second admin to help running the forum or find somebody to help when its needed.
August 27, 2011 04:44AM
I can help if needed, unless you can find someone better :P
August 27, 2011 01:10PM
August 31, 2011 04:53PM
it seems you might wanna check your databases, got this when trying to reply to a pm:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6 bytes) in /home/hbc-www/forum.wiibrew.org/include/db/mysql/mysqli.php on line 248

and send a new pm:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /home/hbc-www/forum.wiibrew.org/include/db/mysql/mysqli.php on line 248
August 31, 2011 04:58PM
I also got it
September 01, 2011 05:59PM
Arikado,

It is a shame to read this. I have had the chance to talk to you in the past and you are indeed one of the most valuable persons to have hit the scene.

The time comes to everyone, and it is a normal step in our lives to put aside stuff we have enjoyed in order to dedicate our time and efforts in what is important to our future. I have witnessed how much you have grown in the computer-programming field and the dedication you have put in college.

Same has happened to me, since my babies are growing up and they have started going to school. Between that, and my job, I don't have much time left for hobbies.

I really hope you don't really 'leave', just pass your admin role over to somebody who has the time, the experience, and the right attitude to continue guiding this forum through the right path. I am looking forward to seeing you around, not as an admin, but as a valuable contributor to the scene. I also understand that the Wii scene has gone slow in the last year, and it is time to move over a newer technology, or to branch out to different ones, however, there are some very interesting projects for the Wii that you left behind due to your time constraints. I really wish you could find the time to wrap up at least a couple of them (In the personal, Doom and Duke3D are those I feel most eager to see completed some day).

I wish you the best of lucks in your enterprises, and I really hope that the one that comes after you to grab the reigns of wiibrew forums does a job as good as the one you always did.

Warm regards,
September 06, 2011 11:20PM
I am sorry to here that you are leaving and I would like to wish you well in the future. Also would you please consider letting me take your place? Throughout my time here I have become very knowledgeable about what is and isn't allowed on the forums. I wish you well with whatever path you may take outside of Wiibrew, its subsidiaries, and whatever coding endeavors that you do.

Sincerely,
technoman
September 07, 2011 02:54PM
technoman, no offence, I doubt you'll be replacing Arikado. Most likely I'd say it'll be a current moderator, such as perhaps bg4545. He would be a very good candidate in my opinion. Generally people will become moderators before becoming an administrator (Arikado certainly did). And probably a moderator in just a few boards before becoming a global moderator (this happened to me, and I think bg4545, but not completely sure).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 02:54PM by SifJar.
September 08, 2011 03:06AM
September 08, 2011 06:06AM
September 08, 2011 04:30PM
Congrats bg4545, Arikado has made a good choice in appointing you to replace him.

Arikado: I understand you picking bg4545 over me, and I think he is much better suited to the task anyway. I probably wouldn't have enough time to be admin anyway.
September 08, 2011 07:14PM
September 08, 2011 07:30PM
September 08, 2011 08:00PM
Congratulations bg4545 and thank you for explaining that to me Arikado. BTW, good luck in college Arikado.
September 08, 2011 10:28PM
Congrat's bg4545,

I think you will do a great job, have done a good job as a moderator as well.
September 12, 2011 07:23AM
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.