Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Load files from network, not sending them....

Posted by Feckless 
Load files from network, not sending them....
March 06, 2009 10:18AM
Another stupid question by me. I noticed there are several programms such as Wiiloader, that let you send files from your Pc to your Wii. My question, is there a programm that can be used to make whole folders available in your HBC?

What I want to do, is to store applications or roms or videos on my pc and load them via Wlan without sending every single file, I want to browse that folder via my Wii. Is that possible?

Thanks in anticipation....
Anonymous User
Re: Load files from network, not sending them....
March 07, 2009 07:26PM
Do you mean you want an app that sends files from your computer to your wii via internet and you get to browse your wii and chose which ones you want then it sends it?

If yes, i dont think there is an app like that
March 07, 2009 11:30PM
FTPii is a good app for putting files on your wii, you have to know a little about FTP though
with FTPii you can veiw the files on you wii like an ftp site and i bleive you can delete stuff from it too

to connect you any ftp program or a web brower and enter the ip of you wii for the ftp name, or [xxx.xxx.x.xxx] where the x's are your ip address
March 08, 2009 11:49PM
Hm not quite what I was talking about. I don´t want to sent it to my wii (me sitting in front of my pc) I want to load it on my wii from a shared folder on my pc (sitting in front of the wii).

I guess what I wanted to do is what the Wii Homebrew launcher can do

* To launch homebrew from your PC, create a directory (eg Wii.) Homebrew create folders, apps or emulator in it and place it your homebrew.

* Share this directory (SMB eg.).
* Create / Edit a file SYSTEM/CONFIG/SMB.INI of the SD card.

Server = 192.168.0.100
Share = wii
User = gest
Password =
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

If I can only get it installed. Does anyone know how to run the WAD manager? HBC says it is not a valid Wii Programm, also does this interfer with the hbc?
March 09, 2009 12:30AM
Wii Homebrew Launcher doesn't have to be a channel, you can run it from the HBC
March 09, 2009 01:21PM
I tried to install it via the WAD Manager as the tutorial told me. Can I just run it as a channel if I put the .dol files in my Apps folder?
March 09, 2009 04:38PM
Feckless
I tried to install it via the WAD Manager as the tutorial told me. Can I just run it as a channel if I put the .dol files in my Apps folder?
That would be illegal to due banner code in the WAD. Take my advice and quit while your ahead.
March 09, 2009 04:47PM
Ah okay...didn´t know that. Well I´ll check the news if there is a programm in the future that can do this. I can´t be the only one who is interested in adding the Wii to the network.
March 09, 2009 08:14PM
I believe you can just run the program as an app in the HBC, correct? If thats the case, then just do that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login