Completly Lost, Where Do I Even Start?
March 22, 2009 10:57AM
I've read thru the Wiki and all, and im completly lost. I have a Wii with the latest firmware, a PC with windows, an SD card, was going to get TWP tommorrow. Then what? o.0 Can i still do this even though the firmware is fresh? Do i need to downgrade, or can i just go at it? Is there anyway to do it without TWP ( Don't really like zelda, and thats a pretty big waste of money for a game i wont even really play)?

And lastly, before i even go thru all this, i really only need/want this for the dvd player and internet browser/MPlayer(stream music from PC) can you still do that or did nintendo CBlock that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 11:20AM by cjkuhlenbeck.
Re: Completly Lost, Where Do I Even Start?
March 22, 2009 01:19PM
You do not need to keep the disc once you've installed the channel, so just rent it. only Twilight princess works. you don't need to downgrade, only pirates do. the DVD player and MPlayer are both in one anyway, it's called MPlayer CE. Internet works although it's not very good.
March 22, 2009 03:12PM
metroid_maniac
You do not need to keep the disc once you've installed the channel, so just rent it. only Twilight princess works. you don't need to downgrade, only pirates do. the DVD player and MPlayer are both in one anyway, it's called MPlayer CE. Internet works although it's not very good.

hold on now, pirates aren't the only people that downgrade, I downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2 in order to use starfall..
besides, pirates just use an IOS in order to pirate.
March 22, 2009 03:27PM
A good place to start is here: [www.wiibrew.org]
March 23, 2009 01:56PM
DrLucky
metroid_maniac
hold on now, pirates aren't the only people that downgrade, I downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2 in order to use starfall..
besides, pirates just use an IOS in order to pirate.
another non-pirate reason to downgrade is so that you can use the apps that are showing up now to customize your system menu (themes) which only work on 3.2. Preloader also only works on 3.2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login