Re: updating the wii
July 03, 2009 06:02AM
Please be more clear. :)
July 03, 2009 06:04AM
after removing the HBC can I update the wii to 4.0
July 03, 2009 06:11AM
You don't need to remove it to update, but yes, you could do that. I don't see why you would, though. Could you explain?
July 03, 2009 06:16AM
ive heard that people who updated thier wii with it the wii would brick
July 03, 2009 06:22AM
Uhh, I've never heard that before. Could you give me a link to your source, please? I upgraded my wii to 4.0 and homebrew works fine. Its generally not a good idea to trust things that you hear from sites such as GBAfail and the like, if that happens to be where your source is from. :P
July 03, 2009 06:29AM
so currently i am running 3.4 and i want to platy a new game the conduit but it says i must update is it safe for me to update from the game if not tell me
July 03, 2009 06:34AM
You don't have to update unless you really want to. You can run it through gecko os (the homebrew application) to skip the update.
I'd still like to know where you got that information about bricking your wii....

starwars
so currently i am running 3.4 and i want to platy a new game the conduit but it says i must update is it safe for me to update from the game if not tell me

P.S. Why didn't you just ask that in the first place? :P
July 03, 2009 06:41AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Uhh, I've never heard that before. Could you give me a link to your source, please? I upgraded my wii to 4.0 and homebrew works fine. Its generally not a good idea to trust things that you hear from sites such as GBAfail and the like, if that happens to be where your source is from. :P
so if i update it it will update it to 4.0 and itle get rid of the homebrew channel???????????????????? heres the site gbatemp.net
July 03, 2009 06:45AM
starwars
WaxyPumpkin72
so if i update it it will update it to 4.0 and itle get rid of the homebrew channel????????????????????

Uh, no. I just said that it won't get rid of the homebrew channel.

starwars
heres the site gbatemp.net

LOLOLOL!!! I was right!! I wonder how i knew, i must psychic....... :P
July 03, 2009 06:50AM
how did u update
July 03, 2009 06:54AM
What do you mean? I updated the wii through nintendo by going to the system settings and clicking on "System Update". How else would i go about doing it? :P
July 03, 2009 06:57AM
at what firmware did you get the HBC
July 03, 2009 06:58AM
3.3v2. Why does it matter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 06:59AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 03, 2009 07:01AM
are you running 4.0 if so did your system refuse to update
July 03, 2009 07:04AM
Not anymore, i downgraded. But when i did update, it didn't try to refuse anything...What exactly is the point you're trying to make?
July 03, 2009 07:06AM
when you were in 4.0 did your HBC work????????
July 03, 2009 07:08AM
Yes, it worked fine. Obviously it did, or else i wouldn't have been able to downgrade. If you really want to update, just do it. Its not gonna ruin your wii.
July 03, 2009 07:10AM
then why did you downgrade?????????????
July 03, 2009 07:11AM
Because i wanted to reboot with gecko os hooks, and some other reasons..... Do you think I'm lying, or something?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login