Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really Lame person needs help with Homebrew

Posted by jolo 
Really Lame person needs help with Homebrew
April 04, 2009 10:46AM
Okay, I have read about the Homebrew channel. I actually am an IT person, but the Wii stuff is a new world for me. Sorry for my lameness.
My basic question is How the heck do I get the Homebrew channel to show up on my Wii ??

1. I have downloaded homwbrew_browser 2.5c.
2. I took the 2gb SD card from my Wii, and saw that in my root directory, there was not a folder called /apps, but there is a folder called private
3. I created a folder called /apps in the root of my SD card and copied the homebrew_browser folder into it, that I took directly from inside of homebrew_browser_v0.2.5c.zip.
4. I turned off my Wii, then turned it back on.
5. I went to see applications on my SD card and the Wii could not find any.
6. I read things like
The Homebrew Channel is a self-updating homebrew application loader by Team Twiizers which [b
allows users to load homebrew applications without having to run the Twilight Hack[/b] every time. Once installed, users can access the channel from the Wii Menu just like any other Wii channel. It can launch homebrew applications from an SD or SDHC card or via TCP/USB Gecko using Wiiload.]
, etc.
7. I have a feeling that I have missed understood the information about the Hombrew Channel in that the upgrade to it might be only for those who already have Homebrew Previously Installed?
8. Is it true that I need to get a copy of Zelda to initially install the Homebrew Browser, then I don't need that or the Twilight Hack anymore? BUT, I need both Zelda and the Twiglight Hack for the first time to install it ?

9. If 8. is true and since I don't have a copy of Zelda for the Wii, I cannot get the HomeBrew Channel installed, no matter what I do ?? True?

Thanks,

Jon
Re: Really Lame person needs help with Homebrew
April 04, 2009 11:50AM
The Homebrew Browser is an app that you run with the Homebrew Channel. Yes you need Zelda Twilight Princess to install the Homebrew Channel. See here.
April 05, 2009 02:26AM
jolo
If is true and since I don't have a copy of Zelda for the Wii, I cannot get the HomeBrew Channel installed, no matter what I do ?? True?
Jon

at the moment for anyone under 4.0 yes.
April 05, 2009 05:35AM
cl87
jolo
If is true and since I don't have a copy of Zelda for the Wii, I cannot get the HomeBrew Channel installed, no matter what I do ?? True?
Jon

at the moment for anyone under 4.0 yes.
no, if be happens to have a modchip and is at or less than3.2, then he can usethe installer disc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login