Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?
April 25, 2009 09:40PM
alainvey
There will be a way (possibly with the application Gecko OS or similar), but it will be a bit more complicated than just using ocarina in the HBC. Wait till it's out, then ask again.

Edit: Actually, given the way it works, I think you might just be able to run ocarina with Comex's exploit and have it reboot with cheats in place. Basically, yes.

Alright, so basically it can act as an Action Replay, as in every time I turn on my Wii, I can reload the codes, correct? Also, I've been looking into Gecko OS and I know that I need a previous version of the firmware to do this. And, hopefully through this new exploit, the unsigned code can enable me to downgrade. Question is, can I do it safely if all goes well with this new exploit?
April 25, 2009 11:05PM
Does bannerbomb even exist? I've heard a lot of mixed responses. Now the wiibrew wiki also no longer has it saying that it existed???
April 25, 2009 11:44PM
It's all gone rather quiet. People, like Arikado, who frequent the relevant IRC channels seem to talk about it as though it still exists, however.
April 26, 2009 06:35PM
Yohsi6852
Does bannerbomb even exist? I've heard a lot of mixed responses. Now the wiibrew wiki also no longer has it saying that it existed???

It's not showing up because it's not called bannerbomb anymore. Now it's called the *working title* exploit because, apparently, Comex thought that the original name was stupid.

alainvey
It's all gone rather quiet. People, like Arikado, who frequent the relevant IRC channels seem to talk about it as though it still exists, however.

Don't worry, I'm sure that a release will happen soon. After all, they're testing it and making sure that they've got it down right before releasing it to anyone. Plus, as I've read, Comex is not one to really give updates on his work...
April 26, 2009 07:47PM
where did you hear that they were testing the exploit?
and if thats legitiment information then i am syched for the release of said exploit.
thanx nintendude.
April 27, 2009 01:25AM
alainvey
It does exist. I cant you give a real status update though, sorry.
April 27, 2009 04:25AM
Arikado
alainvey

That's ok, I can understand that (especially since the people behind this have lives of their own and such). The only thing that does matter to me is that it will eventually be released (sooner the better, obviously) and that as many bugs as possible have been worked out before releasing it.
April 27, 2009 04:52AM
Arikado
alainvey

I had gleaned exactly that. I'm on 3.4, so my interest in the exploit is purely academic and not urgent.

In regard to Wii64, however, I have indeed felt that maniacal panic exhibited by, for example, ihackyou (or whatever they're called, the person who created over 9k topics on this exploit in the space of a day). I'm calmer now, a month after the April 1st Tiizer, thankfully. Although I did screw up a term paper for my MA because of it. Videogames are bad, kids.
May 01, 2009 05:12PM
Anyone know any status on this thing? It was supposed to come out about two weeks ago. I'm fine with waiting but some update if possiable would be nice.

Also I posted this somewhere else on this site. But I thought of an idea for an exploit. For people like me who have already had the HBC installed once but deleated for some reason or another before upgrading. My idea is we only need 1 person to do this too. If someone can go into the wii data manengemnt (they need to have the HBC installed). and copy the HBC onto an SD card. Then copy the entire length of folders that the HBC is barried in and e-mail thoes files to me. Maybe if you already have had the HBC on you can run the channel.

It's worth a shot if anyone is willing to do this please post and i'll PM with my e-mail. (i'ed rather not have my e-mail everywhere)
May 01, 2009 05:54PM
Yohsi6852
It was supposed to come out about two weeks ago.
Where did you get this idea from?
AFAIK there was never a given release date.

Yohsi6852
For people like me who have already had the HBC installed once but deleated for some reason or another before upgrading. [...]. If someone can go into the wii data manengemnt (they need to have the HBC installed). and copy the HBC onto an SD card.
That will not work.
May 01, 2009 06:06PM
The two weeks I found on another site.

And how do you know my idea wont work?
May 01, 2009 07:50PM
Yohsi6852
And how do you know my idea wont work?
The homebrew channel is installed the right way, giving every install a different key on every system.

And it looks like the 4.0 system menu does not copy any HBC to the system.
May 01, 2009 07:53PM
I know you can't Copy the HBC but I want to see if I can use it from the SD card channel
May 01, 2009 07:59PM
Well, if the ticket does not fit, obviously not
May 01, 2009 09:27PM
Yohsi6852
I know you can't Copy the HBC but I want to see if I can use it from the SD card channel
On 4.0 you can't copy the HBC to the Wii Menu from the SD nor can you run the HBC from the SD card.

Yohsi6852
Anyone know any status on this thing? It was supposed to come out about two weeks ago. I'm fine with waiting but some update if possiable would be nice.
Horse shit.
Thats one of a million rumors started by n00bs for n00bs. If you just think for yourself the release date for bannerbomb should be obvious to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2009 09:32PM by Arikado.
May 03, 2009 03:00PM
does anyone know weather or not team twiizers is working on anything for the 4.0 update or not?
May 03, 2009 06:58PM
ok what if someone <4.0 were to copy it and people that had the HBC once installed tried to run it using hte SD card channel?
May 04, 2009 12:26AM
Yoshi, when someone installs a channel onto their system, it is labeled with a little ID number, so no one else that doesn't have that number can use it. That is why your suggestion will not work.
May 04, 2009 12:30AM
kydo
does anyone know weather or not team twiizers is working on anything for the 4.0 update or not?
Well, bootmii will work on 4.0 (with proper boot1s of course), so does that count?
May 04, 2009 11:10PM
i guess so. but is it an accual exploit?, this bootmii thing..
i have read up a little bit of info on it. so basically..

you turn the wii on,
then it goes to the bootmii menu.
where it shows icons for
1- wii channel
2- homebrew channel
3- sd card
4- settings.
am i right?
so bassically its a heck of a lot quiker and more efficiant to use bootmii but what i dont get is do u have to install the
homebrew channel to install bootmii, or is bootmii an intirely different exploit that doesnt need a game to install, (such as tp.)
i guess that was my real queastion?
thanks(in advance) ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login