Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: When Is The Exact Release Date Of The New Exploit?
May 11, 2009 05:23AM
Arikado
It appears to be released now: [bannerbomb.qoid.us]

Also, AFAIK, WiiBrew isn't supporting this exploit for some reason. So apologies in advance if I have to start going through the forums deleting topics about it and yelling at people who ask about it.

In your opinion, do you think it's safe to try? Two things make me suspicious:

1) As you said yourself, WiiBrew isn't supporting it.

2) Daniel_C_W said that it possibly could have (or will) bricked Wiis.

Do you think I'm better off waiting for WiiBrew to either support this exploit or wait for a tried-and-true exploit that WiiBrew supports?
May 11, 2009 07:04AM
nintendude

Do you think I'm better off waiting for WiiBrew to either support this exploit or wait for a tried-and-true exploit that WiiBrew supports?
I've used it and it seems pretty harmless as long as you don't try to run anything stupid
May 11, 2009 07:15AM
bg4545
nintendude

I've used it and it seems pretty harmless as long as you don't try to run anything stupid
Seconded. I have run every variant of bannerbomb on the list, with no damage done.
Most froze up, while 4 worked fine (albeit with controller input dying a minute or two in)
Common sense rule applies, as bg4545 has said. I'm avoiding these downgrade guides and such that are surfacing with seemingly little explanation as to what they install/change.
May 11, 2009 08:44AM
[yafaze.com] here is a link to instructions and files for hbc on 4.0 wii.
May 11, 2009 05:06PM
Bannerbomb itself wont hurt you. The stuff you run with it thoiugh could (downgraders (ew) for example).
May 11, 2009 05:25PM
nintendude

I said, that in the worst case it could be bricking Wiis, becuase it is some unknown software, from an unknown (not thrust worthy) source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 05:25PM by daniel_c_w.
May 11, 2009 11:06PM
so is it safe?
and what do you mean by, as long as you dont do anything stupid?

can we run ocirina off it aswell as save installer, ect?
May 12, 2009 01:16AM
kydo
and what do you mean by, as long as you dont do anything stupid?
downgrades, installing crap, etc.
May 12, 2009 01:21AM
Yes, WiiBrew does support Bannerbomb. Marcan initially removed it from WiiBrew because he though it was leaked because it seemed to be incomplete to him. Anyways, Comex readded it here: [www.wiibrew.org]
May 15, 2009 11:23PM
Yha!!! Well I think I will wait a while because I just want to wait to be sure it's "safe"i.e low bricking chance
May 15, 2009 11:51PM
Yohsi6852
Yha!!! Well I think I will wait a while because I just want to wait to be sure it's "safe"i.e low bricking chance
It's 100% safe. It doesn't even touch anything that could hurt your Wii :P
May 16, 2009 12:37AM
Yha!!!

Edit: Well I tried to install it but only aad20_v104.zip would get me to the SD card menu when it said "Do you want to load the boot.dol" and cliked yes and it said "Failed to load the boot.dol" then I tried another file the aad1f_v104.zip file and when I clicked on the SD card the wii froze and there was a black box with white writing on it idk what happened. HELP

Edit: again it looks like this **************************EXCEPTION OCCURED************************* then a lot o stuff I don't understand

Edit again: Well I got the boot.dol file to load (I was named it boot.dol.dol by mistake) and the HBC tried to install but failed??? What now?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2009 04:36PM by Yohsi6852.
May 17, 2009 08:27PM
Yohsi6852
Yha!!!

Edit: Well I tried to install it but only aad20_v104.zip would get me to the SD card menu when it said "Do you want to load the boot.dol" and cliked yes and it said "Failed to load the boot.dol" then I tried another file the aad1f_v104.zip file and when I clicked on the SD card the wii froze and there was a black box with white writing on it idk what happened. HELP

Edit: again it looks like this **************************EXCEPTION OCCURED************************* then a lot o stuff I don't understand

Edit again: Well I got the boot.dol file to load (I was named it boot.dol.dol by mistake) and the HBC tried to install but failed??? What now?

Now you're in a new problem entirely. First off go ahead and get the new version of bannerbomb: aad1f v105 and disable WiiConnect24 to go around a freezing issue that bannerbomb has at the moment. Just to be sure, the HackMii installer does say that HBC can indeed be installed right? If so this should hopefully nail it for you :-)

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing, you probably figured this out along the way but DON'T go to the SD card menu, go to wii settings -> data management -> wii channels -> SD card at the top.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2009 08:30PM by Kage52124.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login