Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Menu 4.0

Posted by shawn10 
Wii Menu 4.0
April 10, 2009 07:28PM
Hey everyone,

I heard that the HomeBrew channel did NOT work on the Wii Menu 4.0 update. When will it work? Is that what Comex's Exploit is all about or what? Can somebody help me please, I'm confused here. And also, is there a way to install the channel WITHOUT buying Zelda? Thanks!!!
Re: Wii Menu 4.0
April 10, 2009 09:43PM
1. Exploit - A deed or act; especially, a heroic act; a deed of renown; an adventurous or noble achievement; as, the exploits of Alexander the Great.

With Comex's new exploit, you will NOT need to buy Zelda Twilight Princess. With his new exploit, you may be able to download the Homebrew channel with Wii System Menu 4.0. It is expected to release today or tomorrow.
April 10, 2009 10:03PM
The HBC works on 4.0, you just can't install it (until Comex's exploit and/or Team Twiizers exploit).
April 11, 2009 01:49PM
Mah SD card got corrupted, and it deleted everything on it. GRRRRRRR. WHEN I HAD 4.0 GRRRRRRR.

But now I have a new one! A SanDisk! Yahs!
April 11, 2009 04:59PM
how does your sd card even get currupted?
April 11, 2009 06:08PM
Idk, it got messed up.
April 12, 2009 12:01AM
OK thanks everyone! Almost everything is clear now! I can't wait for that to come out.
But I've got 3 more questions. (lol sorry for being a noob :s)

1. Does Nintendo like this, I mean the homebrew channel and all. I mean, as long as we don't pirate ROMS or WADS, do they care? Let's say I have the homebrew channel installed but no pirated ROMS or anything. Will they be able to track me down and freeze my Wii or something?

2. Somebody told me that we weren't going to be able to copy data to an SD card, and then not be able to copy it back. IS that true? Is it the other way around?

3. Let's say that I have homebrew installed on my Wii with 4.0. If Nintendo releases a 4.1 for example, will I have to uninstall the channel, update the Wii and then reinstall it again? Will the homebrew people have to create a new installer for the new update?

Thanks for helping out a noob!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 12:16AM by shawn10.
April 12, 2009 12:30AM
shawn10
OK thanks everyone! Almost everything is clear now! I can't wait for that to come out.
But I've got 3 more questions. (lol sorry for being a noob :s)

1. Does Nintendo like this, I mean the homebrew channel and all. I mean, as long as we don't pirate ROMS or WADS, do they care? Let's say I have the homebrew channel installed but no pirated ROMS or anything. Will they be able to track me down and freeze my Wii or something?

2. Somebody told me that we weren't going to be able to copy data to an SD card, and then not be able to copy it back. IS that true? Is it the other way around?

3. Let's say that I have homebrew installed on my Wii with 4.0. If Nintendo releases a 4.1 for example, will I have to uninstall the channel, update the Wii and then reinstall it again? Will the homebrew people have to create a new installer for the new update?

Thanks for helping out a noob!
1. Nintendo wont freeze (brick) your wii. The main (not only) reason people get bricks is because they do stupid stuff like unplug there wiis while installing wads(not allowed here)
2. i dont have 4.0 so idk, sorry
3. Wait for people like TT to test new updates. They will release if its safe to update

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 12:31AM by DarkShadow.
April 12, 2009 01:29AM
I see.
April 17, 2009 04:26AM
sorry guys but whats a WAD?
April 17, 2009 04:32AM
ryeallen
sorry guys but whats a WAD?
It's kind of like a zip file and it contains wii channels or system menu/IOS
April 20, 2009 12:13AM
shawn10
That only happens to pirated content and hacked save games.
April 20, 2009 07:11PM
that is great b/c i have system menu 4.0 and cant do nonthing with it, so that is great to hear
April 24, 2009 12:50AM
Arikado
shawn10
That only happens to pirated content and hacked save games.
not necassarily true. I was formatting my wii (trying to downgrade my wii after my friend deleted my homebrew channel by attempting to put it on an sd card for his own wii, without permission I might add), and as I was trying to save data, I coulnd't move my Brawl or Mario Kart Data, so I felt I had to let them be formatted. I was able to move everything else to the sd card, and back on the wii after the format (and yeah, I know, the format didn't work), so it just seems to be those to games as far as I know, and you can't move the HBC or the twilight hack From an sd card. Then again...I could be wrong, it's just what happened to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 12:53AM by Lukeros_Gabriel.
April 24, 2009 04:29AM
@guy above me

The twilight hack counts is a hacked savegame. The HBC is a custom (hacked) channel so no it can not be moved from the SD card to the Wii on 4.0 In fact, if you place the HBC on the SD card on 4.0 you will render the HBC useless and put yourself in a position where you must wait for a 4.0 installer in order to get the HBC back on your Wii Menu.

Also, formatting your Wii does not downgrade your Wii. Where the hell is everyone getting this idea from?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 04:32AM by Arikado.
April 24, 2009 04:59AM
Arikado
Also, formatting your Wii does not downgrade your Wii. Where the hell is everyone getting this idea from?
That's what I was wondering!
April 25, 2009 02:39AM
probably they thing that it reverts it to the way they got their wii, 3.2, or 3.3 ect...

they dont realize that they get it from the Web..
April 25, 2009 05:04AM
DrLucky
They probably think that it reverts it to the way they got their Wii, 3.2, 3.3, etc...

They don't realize that they get it from the web..

You know, I used to think that way too. But yeah, it's like a computer: you get the latest firmware or service pack, and the only way you can revert is if you have, say, a previous restore disc of the OS in a previous firmware or service pack state.
April 25, 2009 06:12PM
Arikado
@guy above me

The twilight hack counts is a hacked savegame. The HBC is a custom (hacked) channel so no it can not be moved from the SD card to the Wii on 4.0 In fact, if you place the HBC on the SD card on 4.0 you will render the HBC useless and put yourself in a position where you must wait for a 4.0 installer in order to get the HBC back on your Wii Menu.

I can confirm that you CAN load HBC from SD card launcher, this must mean it can be copied back in to the memory. I updated to 4.0 while HBC was still in and then copied it to sd and launched it from sd launcher and then copied back and deleted sd card hbc
August 29, 2009 10:41PM
I HAVE A 4.1U WII JUST GOT HBW ON IT WITH PRELODER ?.WILL BOOT TO HBW ONLY BECOUSE SOME HOWE MENU IS CURRUPTED. HOWE WOOD I GO ABOUT FIXING IT ?.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login