Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii as boot1 or boot2

Posted by Apprentice 
BootMii as boot1 or boot2
May 26, 2009 05:10PM
I've istalled BootMii using bannerbomb, but it was decided (not by me) to install as boot1.
I understand boot2 would be better (NAND backup, for instance). Is there a way I can re-install it for boot2? Will backup still work after upgrade to V4.0?

Thanks,
Re: BootMii as boot1 or boot2
May 26, 2009 05:17PM
I guess you got something wrong: You can't install BootMii as Boot1, because Boot1 can't be overwritten at all.
May 26, 2009 06:49PM
Yes the backup will still work after a 4.0 upgrade, but the benefits of the upgrade may not be worth it to you. You probably have Bootmii installed as an IOS and not as boot2. I'm pretty sure the Hackmii Installer can delete your bootmii IOS and from there you could install it as boot2.
May 26, 2009 11:33PM
LOL, u can't install bootmii as boot1. i think you mean as an ios.
May 27, 2009 02:00PM
I don't know how you guys call this (I'm a noob), but here's part of the log (the4 full log was posted in another thread)

Using IOS versions: Installer: 36, Channels: 37

The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDX: Can be installed
BootMii: Can be installed in one variant
 The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)
Removing title 0x0001000148415858...
Deleting 1 tickets
A BootMii install requires a SD card.
May 27, 2009 04:15PM
Apprentice
I don't know how you guys call this (I'm a noob), but here's part of the log (the4 full log was posted in another thread)

Using IOS versions: Installer: 36, Channels: 37

The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDX: Can be installed
BootMii: Can be installed in one variant
 The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)
Removing title 0x0001000148415858...
Deleting 1 tickets
A BootMii install requires a SD card.
That means you have a wii which has the patched boot1, it wasn't that you already installed bootmii as boot1 (which is impossible as boot1 is only changable in the factory). Your wii is too new to enjoy all of bootmii, you can still install as an IOS and get the NAND backup feature (and more features in the future)
May 27, 2009 04:40PM
I I've said in the first post, I've used bannerbomb - and BootMii is hardly working (I get to the menu and then nothing more; I don't have any other controller besides the wiimote and the console buttons)

Should I use some other way to install the BootMii?

Thanks,
May 27, 2009 09:22PM
You already seem to have Bootmii installed as an IOS, so just leave it like that and you'll be fine. At this point in Bootmii, the ONLY thing you can use it for, in your case, is to backup your NAND. Even if it was on boot2, that would only give a little more functionality (auto booting to the Homebrew Channel).
May 27, 2009 09:47PM
You also won't be able to recover from fatal bricks with it installed as an IOS...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 09:47PM by Arikado.
May 27, 2009 10:24PM
Arikado
You also won't be able to recover from fatal bricks with it installed as an IOS...

Right, since it's not on boot2. So he'll still be able to recover from semi-bricks most likely right?
May 27, 2009 10:27PM
Kage52124
Arikado

Right, since it's not on boot2. So he'll still be able to recover from semi-bricks most likely right?
Only if the semi brick lets him turn on his Wii, loads the system menu successfully, and then load the HBC successfully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login