Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Version 4.0U

Posted by WiiWIlly 
Re: Version 4.0U
May 30, 2009 02:31PM
WiiWIlly
And I can not use the Homebrew Channel. Once I get past the 5 Option page of BACK --- EXIT --
That is the homebrew channel.

WiiWilly
Whatever it says and get int the Grey page of 4 Options. HOMEBREW --- OPTIONS ECT. That is like you said where I lose the Mouse pointer. Hitting the Power switch does nothing at all. I have tried holding it in and hitting the EJECT DISC button.
That is BootMii installed as IOS.

Now to clarify:
To use the homebrew channel, you need to put apps on your SD card. Our complete list of homebrew applications is here: [www.wiibrew.org] Read what bg4545 said about how to put apps on your SD card.

BootMii is navigable with the power and reset buttons on the Wii Console. It is also navigable with a wired gamecube controller in port 1. The main purpose of BootMii is to backup your system so that you can recover it should anything bad ever happen to it. The way Nintendo designed their system restricts us from activating the Wiimote at that point - sorry.

Hope that helps :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 02:33PM by Arikado.
May 31, 2009 01:28AM
WiiWIlly
DANIEL: Be more specific, please.

What does not work?
What did you try?
How do you tell, it does not work?

Did I not explain what does not work in this thread.

Yes, you did, but I did not reply to you, I was replying to canadianark, the poster right above me.
May 31, 2009 05:29AM
OK I used the Wii to move and copy the Homebrew channel to the SD Card. It put the folders as this:

private\wii\title\haxx <<<< Now this does not work as the Wii put it. I will copy that down but erase that and try and put the files as you guys have it and see if it works.
May 31, 2009 05:39AM
Kage52124
Sounds like you don't have the apps in the right place. Get Homebrew browser and put it on your SD card so it looks like this: (root):\homebrew_browser\boot.dol

In the Homebrew Browser and Homebrew Channel you can use the Wii Remotes. BootMii is different, that's the program that doesn't use Wii Remotes.

OK I made my folders look like that. Except what is the BOOT.DOL or ELF I use in that folder? And I did put apps in as the main folder on the SD card. It reads apps\homebrew_channel\ <<<<<< But I do not know what file to put in that folder. I will search but if anyone has that please let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 05:41AM by WiiWIlly.
May 31, 2009 07:48AM
download it from Wiibrew, search for "Homebrew browser"
June 02, 2009 05:30AM
I tried to figure out which is which. I guess I'm a bit to old or something here but nothing there on those pages jumped out at me and said HERE I AM HOMEBREW_BROWSER and where and how to install it. THose pages to me are a bit over my head I think unfortunately. I did and don't know how get the BOOTMII program to find and show apps\homebrew Folder however I do not know what to put as a EXE file there. Not sure if that is what I'm supposed to see or not.

Seems to me it was a whole lot easier before this last update. I probably could have handled the install the way it was before. Now I think I know just enough to be dangerous. Any help on what file and where in easy for idiots form would help. Also is that what is supposed to happen? That there is on the screen instead of options a place to click an APPLICATION from that browser instead of the 5 options of EXIT and BOOTMII ect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 05:38AM by WiiWIlly.
June 02, 2009 05:41AM
You can find the Homebrew Browser here. Look to the right side of the page and you will see a clickable icon that says 'download'. Download it, extract the file, then copy the homebrew browser folder to the apps section in your sd card. It should look like this: ROOT:/apps/homebrew_browser/boot.dol,etc. Then load the homebrew channel and launch the application. i hope i'm answering your question, i haven't read the whole rest of this topic. :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 05:43AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 02, 2009 09:10AM
That is pretty good Waxy but one question what is the BOOT.DOL file you are referring too? There was a few I changed the names of to that file name.
June 02, 2009 09:14AM
OK wait there is a BOOT.DOL in that Zip file I assume you are referring to that. I will see if this works. Would love it if it does, Next problems then if I get that lucky to have problems would be what is the best items to have and use. My daughter wanted originally a Animal Crossing Tool. I believe she said it was AC Tools or something like that.
June 02, 2009 01:26PM
1)Make sure its named "boot.dol". Its case sensitive so it wont work if its "BOOT.DOL" or "Boot.dol"

2)AC Tools is a pc program that generates a wii save file for Animal Crossing.
June 03, 2009 07:45PM
I tried to Google AC Tools but I really saw nothing but Air Conditioning stuff LOL! Also there was Alternating Current or AC in your house. Is that the exact name of it? Or perhaps does anyone know where that might be at? I may have to go a few pages to find that. My son now has been playing that Twilight Princess game that I got for the Homebrew to work and I have yet to try this latest setup.

Thanks a ton everyone for all this help. Now that is the way you help :) Not everyone is as smart as some of you. It's nice to help the less fortunate people out here who need Homebrew books for dummies :)

Thanks Arikado and I did have a CAPITAL "B" there so good thing you mentioned that. And if you know where to find this program for my daughter I would really appreciate it.
June 03, 2009 07:47PM
If this works I will set this up on my web site just as I have it and let others download it. That way they can just copy and paste this to an SD Card and be ready to go.
June 03, 2009 08:05PM
I just found out that it's actually called AC Toolkit, but I'm having trouble finding a place that offers it for download. I'll post here if I find one that does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 08:09PM by Arikado.
June 03, 2009 08:16PM
I don't even know about the program...but I figured I'd find it: [actoolkit.game-hackers.com]
June 04, 2009 08:19AM
I finally got the Homebrew channel :) :) :) :) :) :) WOW! Excellent. The browser program link you left helped and it looked like it wasn't going to work but it did. I did not see any real game cheat programs on there. Mostly Apps and nice free games to play.

My son has been playing that Twilight Princess Game I bought to get this channel. He asked since it was called the Twilight Hack where is the hack LOL! I didn't see it on there though he only gave me a bit of time to look around because he wanted to play Zelda.

I also got that AC Tools Program. I see it in the APPS folder but it sort of does nothing. Perhaps I had to have my daughter have the Animal Crossing Game in or something or perhaps it did load something onto the Wii. I will have to wait till I can put in the AC Game. But it was nice to see the HOMEBREW Channel thing work. Not sure if I got the whole channel stuff. But at least it didn't lock up on me and the Pointer go away LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 08:20AM by WiiWIlly.
June 04, 2009 05:28PM
WiiWIlly
I also got that AC Tools Program. I see it in the APPS folder but it sort of does nothing. Perhaps I had to have my daughter have the Animal Crossing Game in or something or perhaps it did load something onto the Wii. I will have to wait till I can put in the AC Game. But it was nice to see the HOMEBREW Channel thing work. Not sure if I got the whole channel stuff. But at least it didn't lock up on me and the Pointer go away LOL!

Hey Willy,
if i got it correctly the AC Tool is an application for your pc. You'll need to copy your daughter's ac savefile from your Wii to your pc. Run the AC Toolkit on your pc to modify the savegame and put it back on your Wii.
June 04, 2009 07:28PM
WiiWIlly
I did not see any real game cheat programs on there.

Open up your homebrew channel and select the homebrew browser application. Wait 'till the app finishes loading, and then click on the sectino labeled "Utilities". Scroll around in that section until you see an app called Gecko OS. Click on it, then click "Download". Wait for the download to finish, and then you will have a new app on your homebrew channel called Gecko OS. This app can be used to apply cheats to games and also to boot games from different countries, like japan, or europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 01:43AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 04, 2009 08:44PM
Hmmmm I don't think you can copy it to a SD card? I mean I have tried unless there is a app for that. But thanks for that Info Koopa! :) I will have to look into what to do there.
June 04, 2009 08:49PM
Are you saying that when you go to data management, when you try to copy the save game to the SD card, that it says you can't? I'm pretty sure there are apps for that, Gecko OS being one of them, but i don't think you can use that since you're on 4.0. Does anybody know of an app that removes the copy flag, other than Gecko OS?

Edit: Aha!! Try this app!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 11:19PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 05, 2009 06:28AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Edit: Aha!! Try this app!!

No, Save extractor won't work.

It looks like the AC program wants the savegame in it's Wii.dat format.
Save extractor does not work that way....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login