Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Version 4.0U

Posted by WiiWIlly 
Re: Version 4.0U
June 05, 2009 09:12AM
A few games will not copy to the SD card that we have. One being Animal Crossing. Another being Twilight Princess. I guess most games that Nintendo made are usually not copy to SD games. My son's Guitar Hero does copy. This there a program to see what is on the Wii? Something like a windows program that will let you take the .DAT file off of the Wii and transfer it?

See my daughter seen someone who has this ACTOOLS installed on their system. They have it working and running. But again I'm pretty sure from talking to them that they have the 3.4 version. Not sure if they upgraded but I guess once you have that file and use the program once that is done you ahve it no matter what version system your running.

Maybe it would be worth it to go back to 3.4? I did not see any apps on HOMEBREW that mentioned that but maybe there was one that I did not see?
June 05, 2009 09:53AM
No, please trust us all on this, it is NOT worth downgrading! I imagine they could have blocked moving the Twilight Princess save file due to the Twilight Hack in the 4.0 update. I'm not familiar with Animal Crossing but...

Try this for getting the save out of your Wii: [wiibrew.org]

...and this to put it back in: [wiibrew.org]

Just to be safe, once you get your original save file for Animal Crossing, I recommend making a 2nd copy of it just in case something weird happens. This way at least your daughter's natural progress in it isn't totally lost.

Once again, please do NOT downgrade. It's a very tricky process where many, many things could easily go very very wrong, potentially making your Wii completely useless (bricked).

Also I think the program I put up for you to try was a PC program that made a save file for you to use on your Wii (total guess honestly), so the exact thing that I posted a link to wouldn't work on the Wii directly.

EDIT: All the strikeouts you see, I missed the last two posts of the previous page. The point stands though, please do NOT downgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 09:56AM by Kage52124.
June 07, 2009 09:34AM
I guess I will have to wait for some sort of updated program. As I said I think companies should just let things go. I mean as smart as they think they are it seems someone is always smarter or can figure a way around it.

Not sure why they put so much resources into something that is going to happen anyways. Like Napster someone will come out with a new and improved thing. Why call attention to something that most might now even know about. But now they do since you made such a stink about it and made it into the head lines.

Does anyone know of good programs from HOMEBREW that are a must have? Ones that will work on 4U that is.
June 07, 2009 01:46PM
WiiWIlly
Does anyone know of good programs from HOMEBREW that are a must have? Ones that will work on 4U that is.
AFAIK, everything (100% safe) will work on 4.0 The Homebrew browser is definitely the most "must have" app.
June 10, 2009 09:31AM
WiiWIlly
I guess I will have to wait for some sort of updated program. As I said I think companies should just let things go. I mean as smart as they think they are it seems someone is always smarter or can figure a way around it.

Not sure why they put so much resources into something that is going to happen anyways. Like Napster someone will come out with a new and improved thing. Why call attention to something that most might now even know about. But now they do since you made such a stink about it and made it into the head lines.

Does anyone know anything about this program and you you have a link to it Arikado?
June 10, 2009 05:16PM
I'm assuming you're talking about the homebrew browser.

Its here: [wiibrew.org]
June 13, 2009 10:31AM
Yes Arik I was wondering if anyone had any good idea's for programs from HOMEBREW that are sort of a must have program.
June 13, 2009 01:13PM
The homebrew browser is definitely the only "must have". But the emulators, id ports, (my wii shooting gallery and wiibreaker), majhongg wii, wii earth, harmonium, and mplayer ce are great fun too.
June 14, 2009 07:39PM
the homebrew app i enjoy most on the wii is doom, used with the wiimote and nunchuck.

Warez and poor self advertisement removed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 07:47PM by Arikado.
June 18, 2009 03:30AM
OK I will look into some of these. I know we tried Wold 3D and it was a fun blast from the past. I liked it. But I was thinking that they might have a few APPS on this channel. Like a edit tool or something that you could use to change things up on games a bit. Or at least use it to change up the games with another program. I would still like to get this ACC tool working.

But I will have to wait I guess till someone comes up with a tool to make a 4U version Wii be able to transfer a game over to the SD card. I hope someone here lets me know if that has happened or not some time in the future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login