Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to update

Posted by christian93 
Want to update
June 11, 2009 02:10PM
Hi

I want to update my hacked Wii to the newest Firmware (or what it's called). I hacked it about a year ago and I read that I shouldn't update it.
So what do I have to do to update my Wii?

Thanks
Re: Want to update
June 11, 2009 04:42PM
WiiSCU
June 11, 2009 05:36PM
Is there any reason not to use the Wii's own update mechanism to do the update?

It doesn't look like christian93 wants to stay on his current version
June 11, 2009 10:55PM
I just want to update my Wii to use the Shop but I want it to stay hacked to use the Homebrew Channel.
June 12, 2009 12:09AM
i used the Wii's update mech. to upgrade to 4.0U

I left the homebrew channel on there to see what the upgrade would do to it.

It left it on there, but it stopped working so i just deleted it and reinstalled it.

Since the Twilight hack no longer works with 4.0, I used the banner bomb method and it worked like a charm.
June 12, 2009 09:03AM
mdbrim

It left it on there, but it stopped working so i just deleted it and reinstalled it.

Since the Twilight hack no longer works with 4.0, I used the banner bomb method and it worked like a charm.

What if there is already a new version higher than 4.0U out? Does the hack work?
June 12, 2009 01:13PM
christian93
What if there is already a new version higher than 4.0U out? Does the hack work?

If there is a higher version out, you would be the first person to discover it :D

If you want to be saved against almost anything Nintendo could do to the paranoid minded, use bootmii and make a NAND backup

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 01:14PM by daniel_c_w.
June 12, 2009 03:37PM
christian93
mdbrim

Hypothetically speaking, its impossible to know what will and what won't work after every (system menu) update.
June 12, 2009 11:07PM
I updatet to the new version with the Wii's update mechanism and then used the banner bomb. Instantly worked!

Thanks to everyone in this thread!
June 17, 2009 12:33AM
DanielHueho
WiiSCU
Exactly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login