Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freezing Boot.elf

Posted by JuggaloLee 
Freezing Boot.elf
June 19, 2009 01:49AM
Hey im SORRY if the answer is somewhere alse in forum... i looked everywhere...but stillhaving a problem...ive gotten past the copyright on my SD with 2 pieces of scotch tape... then i backed up my SD 2GB and formatted it into FAT32... then i copied and renamed the hackmii_installer_bata2 executable file to boot.elf... then i copied the Private folder over to the SD leaving me with 1 file and 1 privatre folder. then i put the SD card in my Wii and booted up... EVERY time i go into the SD menu to boot it FREEZES .... and ive used the first 4 on the list then the first 3 on the others? list... and STILL i freeze???????? so what am i doing wrong? ty much

Edited: P.S. Ive also used videos from youtube... homebrew install ... twilight hack ... and bannerbomb... STILL FREEZE ... Sys 4.0U

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 02:18AM by JuggaloLee.
Re: Freezing Boot.elf
June 19, 2009 02:40AM
Try with

put both on your SD card, rename the .dol/.elf file in the hackmii installer to boot.dol/.elf (whichever one it was originally) and go to your channel option from save data management in your wii and hit yes. This *should* work, as it worked for me.

If not, i really don't know maybe someone else could be of help :)
June 19, 2009 03:35AM
i did that already... along with trying to use teilight... but i guess 4.0U isnt compatible with twilight i dunno... but ive done that i appreciate it... should i downgrade?
June 19, 2009 05:46AM
No need to downgrade. Bannerbomb is the only one that works with 4.0 at the moment.
June 19, 2009 09:32AM
Don't use the SD menu, go to settings -> wii channels -> sd card

EDIT: Also, don't even consider downgrading at this point. I can almost guarantee you would brick your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 09:33AM by Kage52124.
June 20, 2009 12:56AM
just booted boot.elf from

The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
DVDX: Can be installed
BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
the installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 version install (-2)

>continue

UMMM

EDIT: i installed Homebrew and was sucessful.... installed DVDX was sucessful....
is there anyway to get boot2? or is the fact that my Wii is so new i can only install as IOS?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 01:15AM by JuggaloLee.
June 20, 2009 01:32AM
something i just found out... when i boot with my 256 MB SD Kodak card the install goes through to the screen telling me HBC, and DVDX can be installed

but the same 2 files on my Wii 2GD SD card freezes
and i dont want to install as IOS so any ideas?

Ive already opend an account at gamefly.com and got 2 games via mail, twilight and olympics

if i install as IOS can i keep from gettin bricked by turning off updates?
June 20, 2009 01:37AM
You're making this way too complicated. You installed the Homebrew Channel, congratulations. Gamefly games will work with any Wii of their region, which is always the region you rented them from.
June 20, 2009 02:17AM
in the HB Browser i installed 1 atari emulator... now i cant download ANYTHING else i keep getting " Downloading zip file failed"
June 20, 2009 03:17AM
JuggaloLee
in the HB Browser i installed 1 atari emulator... now i cant download ANYTHING else i keep getting " Downloading zip file failed"
That means: Server issues, try again later.
June 20, 2009 05:23AM
HBC installed from 256 MB SD BootMii loads to screen then wiimote turns off.... anyone know what that is? am i supposed to be able to acess the other options that i san see? also i need to make a nand backup.

Can that be backed up to my 2GB Wii SD Card? and if so do i have to have the boot.elf and private folder on that SD also?
My Wii card loads the files up but freezes with all versions ... maybe my Wii Card is faulty?

thanx everybody for your input
June 20, 2009 06:28AM
JuggaloLee
HBC installed from 256 MB SD BootMii loads to screen then wiimote turns off.... anyone know what that is? am i supposed to be able to acess the other options that i san see? also i need to make a nand backup.
Wii remotes don't work in the BootMii menu, use either a gamecube controller or the power, reset, and eject buttons on the Wii.
JuggaloLee
Can that be backed up to my 2GB Wii SD Card? and if so do i have to have the boot.elf and private folder on that SD also?
2GB is more than enough space for a backup. You just need the BootMii files so it can load on startup.
June 20, 2009 07:46AM
Could we make a sticky about the Hackmii Installer with lots of bold, italicized, underlined, and colorized (don't know how to do that :-P) as an FAQ for how to get started, addressing the basics about how to run all this stuff? Or would it not be worth the hassle?
June 20, 2009 02:35PM
Kage52124
Could we make a sticky about the Hackmii Installer with lots of bold, italicized, underlined, and colorized (don't know how to do that :-P) as an FAQ for how to get started, addressing the basics about how to run all this stuff? Or would it not be worth the hassle?
Whats wrong with the current FAQ? ( [forum.wiibrew.org] )
June 20, 2009 06:37PM
Absolutely nothing is wrong with it, but I think it could use an update to reflect BaNNeRBoMB and the Hackmii Installer since we've been seeing quite a few people around making silly mistakes about the SD menu and other bannerbomb related 'whoops' factors.
June 20, 2009 07:50PM
Then edit the mirror of the FAQ on the wiki here: [www.wiibrew.org] and I'll incorporate your changes into the stickied forum version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 07:51PM by Arikado.
June 21, 2009 12:28AM
Alrighty I will chip in later :-P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login