Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

which firmware is best for banner bomber

Posted by paul26982 
Re: which firmware is best for banner bomber
June 21, 2009 06:28PM
You use either the Twilight Hack or Bannerbomb to install the Homebrew Channel.
June 21, 2009 06:34PM
thanx all cleared up, and thank youso much for all of your patiants, just need to get an sd card tomorow now, thanx again :)
June 21, 2009 07:27PM
Ok here's exactly what you need to do:

1. Use bannerbomb OR twilight hack to run HackMii installer, and install HBC, DVDx and BootMii (as boot2 if possible)
2. Turn off Wii. Turn back on and take NAND dump with BootMii
3. Run AnyRegion Changer from HBC and leave region settings as they are, just hit Go.
4. Install preloader from HBC and setup hacks.ini
5. Run WiiSCU from HBC, and install IOS 60, IOS 61, and update the Shop Channel, and any other channels you want to update
6. (Optional) Rename BootMii folder on SD Card so BootMii won't load automatically, because it isn't necessary with preloader
7. (Optional) Configure preloader settings

Then you should have the ultimate homebrew Wii. Others will be able to help you more specifically with each point, and will be able to tell what is possible with everything. I don't really know, I didn't homebrew when I was as low as 3.2, so I don't have preloader, and my brother won't let me do much with our Wii, so I don't have BootMii. But I believe that's the general installation process.
June 21, 2009 07:37PM
thanks so much for your time
June 21, 2009 08:55PM
SifJar
Use bannerbomb OR twilight hack to run HackMii installer, and install HBC, DVDx and BootMii (as boot2 if possible)
I might add that if it says something like "boot 1 stops installation of bootmii as boot2" or something like that, than don't bother installing it as IOS. Don't install preloader either, until "Bootmii as Menu IOS" comes out. Bootmii as IOS has no function in brick protection whatsoever.
June 21, 2009 11:37PM
metroid_maniac
I might add that if it says something like "boot 1 stops installation of bootmii as boot2" or something like that, than don't bother installing it as IOS. Don't install preloader either, until "Bootmii as Menu IOS" comes out. Bootmii as IOS has no function in brick protection whatsoever.

Couldn't it still fix a semi-brick so long as one can still access HBC?
June 22, 2009 04:44AM
June 22, 2009 03:28PM
banner bomb and the twilight hack are exploits used to install the HBC. It's a one time thing you'll do the first time to install the HBC on there and then you can use the HBC to install/run everything else.

sorry about that... answered his question before i even saw page 2

ignore!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 03:30PM by mdbrim.
June 22, 2009 07:02PM
Yeah, if you can I'd still install BootMii as an IOS and then install preloader as that way you could still access HBC and then exit to BootMii and restore a NAND dump, but it won't be AS good, and wont fix ALL bricks. Also, it's slightly riskier installing preloader without BootMii as boot2, because you have nothing to fall back on, but it should be fine, people did it before BootMii came out.
June 22, 2009 08:48PM
SifJar
people did it before BootMii came out.

better safe than sorry!
June 22, 2009 11:37PM
yes, but if you can't be safe, then well, you can't be safe. Did you even read my post? I'm not advising people to through caution out the window and install any random crap without BootMii, but if you can't install BootMii as boot2, preloader is relatively safe, and people used to install it fine before BootMii came out. read my post before disagreeing this time please.
June 23, 2009 02:01PM
people complicate things so much and make it difficult for noob's to understand
June 23, 2009 07:57PM
June 23, 2009 10:10PM
how to I setup hacks.ini

"Install preloader from HBC and setup hacks.ini"

Is it when I install preloader, then hacks.ini is already there to be set up?

Or do i have to install hacks.ini from somewhere else?
June 25, 2009 10:13PM
good question, having a slight problem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login