Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii AnyRegion Changer Help

Posted by neen 
Re: Wii AnyRegion Changer Help
July 16, 2009 07:23PM
i believe both exist and work, but i dont know if one is "better" in some way than the other.
July 17, 2009 09:02AM
The CMDVDX34 Didn't bring up any error at all so i don't know whether its working or not
but I'll try this Shared2clean app and see what happens
July 17, 2009 10:39AM
Don't. only use it if you get an error mesage.
July 17, 2009 04:24PM
Yeah, he now gets an error message - "looks like you already run this" or something like that. shared2clean allows him to run it again, yes?
July 17, 2009 07:19PM
yup. it remove the preloader Hacks.ini file, though.
July 17, 2009 07:23PM
Well, seeing as the whole idea is to get AnyRegion Changer working to downgrade to 3.2, preloader will be uninstalled by the downgrade anyway, so that doesnt really matter. Can anyone actually confirm that AnyRegion Changer can work off IOS 35 if it has the trucha bug?
July 17, 2009 07:28PM
if not, you'll just be able to install all the other IOS through a Trucha Bugged IOS 35.
July 17, 2009 08:27PM
Exactly, negating the need to downgrade to 3.2 really. Everything possible on 3.2 is possible on 4.0 if you have trucha IOS. Can anyone tell me if Tona's PatchMii cIOS installer can work off IOS 35 with trucha bug? If so, you could run it, then use dop-IOS to install every IOS with trucha bug enabled, and have all the homebrew capabilities of 3.2. But install bootmii as boot2 and take a NAND dump before trying this, just in case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 08:27PM by SifJar.
July 17, 2009 08:34PM
Tona's cIOS Installer runs off of IOS36. Waninkoko's cIOS Installer lets you choose which IOS to use.
July 17, 2009 08:44PM
MattMan
Tona's cIOS Installer runs off of IOS36. Waninkoko's cIOS Installer lets you choose which IOS to use.
AND lets you install it from network.
July 17, 2009 09:07PM
Doesn't tona's let you install from network?
July 17, 2009 11:03PM
SifJar
Doesn't tona's let you install from network?
Tonas only lets you install from the network.

To not install from the network would be illegal.

Wanky's Downgrader is highly disapproved of by WiiBrew. I'd appreciate if you'd all stop talking about it.
July 17, 2009 11:20PM
they're not talking about a downgrader. its the cIOS installer. but it is still unsupported and shouldnt be spoken of here.
July 20, 2009 10:14PM
And it is possible to install it legally without the network, you just need to download the base IOS with NUS Downloader.
July 25, 2009 06:23PM
Try something like this:

1. Run DVDX34. Attempt to downgrade IOS35.
2. After that, download / install SignCheck and run it via HBC. Use reset to cycle through the list of IOS's.
3. Insert your SD card in your computer and open /SignCheck.csv and look at the results. See if the version number of IOS35 is invalid (negative) or a number smaller than 1040. If it is, yay!
4. If step three went OK, return to the Wii System Menu and insert Super Smash Bros Brawl into your Wii . The banner should say an update is available. (The update is really the old version of IOS35, v1040. This is the version with Trucha/Flash access. There are probably other discs with IOS35 v1040 on them, but I don't know of any.) Allow SSBB to install the old IOS35 and then tada! You should be all good.

I don't know if any of this would happen/work for you. When I ran DVDX34, it acted kinda strange. The first time I ran it, I selected Downgrade IOS35, but for some reason it loaded up the PatchMii installer, and didn't mention anything about the downgrade. The second time I ran it, I got the the "Did you already run this?" error.

When I checked my IOS's with SignCheck a few days later, I noticed that IOS35 was version -20000 and something. (Woah...) Then I thought maybe Brawl would see it as an old version and downgrade for me. And it did.

Just a note. I'm not sure if mine was just a coincidence or what. The IOS may have actually been downgraded using DVDX34, but I don't know since it didn't tell me and I didn't test any IOS35 applications until after I used Brawl to install v1040.

Good luck and tell me if it works.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 06:24PM by CHR15x94.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login