Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overwrite HBC?

Posted by Judas543 
Overwrite HBC?
June 22, 2009 06:24PM
If I use the TP hack then that would give the the homebrew channel right? And from there, when I install hackmii through HBC, will that be okay. Will it be okay and not brick?

Because I want to be able to isntall bootmii, but then in the hackmii package it also install the homebrew channel which TP hack already gives you ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 06:25PM by Judas543.
Re: Overwrite HBC?
June 22, 2009 06:28PM
The twilight hack does not install the HBC. All the twilight hack does is crash the Wii so you can run unsigned code. In your case, the HackMii Installer would be the unsigned code you wish to run.
June 22, 2009 06:29PM
okay i got it
June 22, 2009 06:32PM
The Twilight Hack does not automatically install the Homebrew Channel, but you can use the Twilight Hack to run the HackMii Installer, which will install the Homebrew Channel, DVDx, and BootMii. This is all very safe, as long as you don't unplug the Wii or have a power failure during the install. Just make sure that it's not storming outside before you run the HackMii Installer and everything should be fine.

If you already have the Homebrew Channel, you can just run the HackMii Installer from the Homebrew Channel, and can also overwrite the previous Homebrew Channel safely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login