Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Region Changer problems

Posted by Juxpitos 
Re: Any Region Changer problems
June 29, 2009 09:30PM
That is up to you. Just be sure to change the AREA setting to match whatever System Menu you install.
June 29, 2009 09:32PM
well after changing the AREA setting to Europe (witch fixed my system settings problem) it won't let me play my wii games.
June 29, 2009 09:43PM
Launch them through gecko os.
June 29, 2009 09:43PM
Then I would switch all the settings to US and install System Menu 3.2U if possible.
June 29, 2009 09:48PM
ok back to system menu 3.2U and games work fine again, so does system settings and everything else i have had problems with the last week or so. thank you for your help. ok i have used xyzzy, and am in the works getting a GC controller to use bootmii's functions. anything else i should have to keep my system from any more "damage"
June 29, 2009 09:50PM
Just stay away from warez, SoftMii, etc.
June 29, 2009 10:32PM
and also unnecessary modifications like installing/uninstalling IOS. Out of interest, if you were on 4.0, how come you could downgrade to 3.2? Did whoever updated it use an epic fail "homebrew updater"?
June 29, 2009 10:50PM
well i already have Softmii installed, or had, not sure any more, and i don't know how it got updated to 4.0 but thats what it was saying in the system settings, now it says 3.2U it was 4.0E. i don't know how or why it let me but it did so i won't complain, and is there anyway to get rid of "softmii"? i know i had to dl the IOS30 and system menu from NUS, it might have something to do with that, but if i format my system memory right now, it should stay 3.2U, but will it get rid of softmii and such and give me a clean slate to work with or what?
June 29, 2009 10:57PM
I don't think system format will get rid of softmii, cause it has IOS stuff in it. Hmm...I really dont know if there IS a way to get rid of softmii. this is why we dont use epic fail "softmod packages"
June 29, 2009 11:03PM
i listened to a computer geek friend when i installed softmii, he said it was great and had small chance of bricking the Wii, and was able to be restored to factory default in case of real problems, any one with exp in softmii please help, as i wish to remove it from my system. i will make a NAND backup with bootmii/IOS before trying anything else
June 29, 2009 11:04PM
I think downgrading with AnyRegion Changer might have overwritten some of the hacked IOSes from SoftMii. I'd say that as long as your Wii is working now, it should continue to work as long as you don't try to use any of the above software.

And I think the hacked IOSes from SoftMii allowed him to downgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 11:08PM by MattMan.
June 29, 2009 11:06PM
FYI, Juxpitos,softmii isn't supported here, so you might want to take your problems somewhere else. If you use the search function, basically all topics relating to softmii are in the Junkyard. Just a warning (before a mod comes and closes this topic).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2009 11:06PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 29, 2009 11:11PM
Yeah, but he's trying to get rid of it because it's dodgy, and he didn't realise that when he installed it. So I doubt mods will close the topic. But I guess they may. In which case you should ask elsewhere about removing it.
June 29, 2009 11:17PM
sorry for bringing it up here, just trying to remove it from my system, won't say another word about it.
June 29, 2009 11:21PM
Its okay, no worries! :D
June 30, 2009 09:31AM
i have found a way to make my Wii virgin again, should i? it will leave it at 3.2 and it will still have the HBC. if so what should i use with bootmii?
June 30, 2009 01:09PM
Juxpitos
i have found a way to make my Wii virgin again,
CONTRADICTS
Juxpitos
it will still have the HBC.
June 30, 2009 01:20PM
hmm, are you sure the method is legal? if so, go for it.
June 30, 2009 03:43PM
SifJar
I don't think system format will get rid of softmii, cause it has IOS stuff in it. Hmm...I really dont know if there IS a way to get rid of softmii. this is why we dont use epic fail "softmod packages"
System formatting doesn't touch your IOSs. (Why does everyone think that?)
June 30, 2009 04:11PM
NOT through system format, and yes it is legal, and yes i understand the contradiction of it being "Virgin" and having "HBC" but the only reason it will still have HBC is because i am leaving a step out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login