Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Region Changer problems

Posted by Juxpitos 
Re: Any Region Changer problems
June 30, 2009 05:10PM
Arikado
SifJar
I don't think system format will get rid of softmii, cause it has IOS stuff in it. Hmm...I really dont know if there IS a way to get rid of softmii. this is why we dont use epic fail "softmod packages"
System formatting doesn't touch your IOSs. (Why does everyone think that?)

My point exactly.
July 03, 2009 04:56PM
Hey there,

I'm new to this whole gaming scene (stop cringing), but seeing as I was thrown 4 Korean Wii's with the statement "make then English and you can have one", I've plunged myself into the foray. So ... I Banner bricked my first one and got the next three to work well with the AnyRegion Changer load. AWESOME. With the goods news said (and appreciated by the way!)... The original Korean Mii and related channels are still on the menu list. When I click to start any of the original channels (including Wii Store) I get "This channel can't be used" errors. Therefor I am not able to connect to our media server via the Internet to watch my cool 3TB of movies. Is anyone aware of this "dysfunction" or have I created my own little hell?

Any constructive thoughts to resolve this would be gratefully accepted!

Thanks!

- HBC is installed (neat feature of it pushing the 1.4Mb update to the Wii BTW)
- Running 3.2, have not updated to 4.x as Nintendo Update Service keeps wanting me to do
- Loads games fine
- BootMii is installed, but I seem to be quite inept at getting a NAND backup to SD
- I don't have a GC to use - "not available at my location"
- There is also a channel called "BackupChannel", by GammA installed - so I assume I am not the first to have these Wiis
July 03, 2009 05:23PM
Well, I think your problem must be you changed your region, which means that Korean channels won't work. You can install preloader to get region free channels, or use menuloader or gecko os for non-install solutions.
July 03, 2009 07:08PM
My thoughts too, but I figured a channel was a channel - especially the Wii Store. But at this stage, I'm leaning towards the Wii Store channel being tied to the region code of console. I keep hearing about the preloaders, but I'm not sure about how to go about getting one installed. Is there a good one, stable, on WiiBrew that you could recommend? Or maybe one that you've heard is stable enough to not brick the Wii?

And thank you for the suggestion - I'm at wits end on this issue!
July 07, 2009 08:07PM
There is only one Preloader, get it here.

It is very stable, but may brick your Wii if the power goes out during the installation (very unlikely, as it only takes five seconds).
July 21, 2009 11:04PM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do I run any region changer? Because I did put in my apps folder on the SD card, but it doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong? How do you run it?
July 21, 2009 11:15PM
do it the same as any other app. have you run any other apps? if so, put the folder structure the same.
July 23, 2009 06:28PM
I tried that, but it doesn't want to...
It's sees the other apps.
Can someone help me step by step?
July 24, 2009 11:42AM
It should be the exact same as other apps, but here goes...

Go into your apps folder on the root of your SD Card.
Make a folder named "Any Region Changer"
Inside place the boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png from the download of Any Region Changer. (Boot.dol is necesary others are optional)

Thats it. It should now show up in HBC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login