Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lost, totally lost...

Posted by lazyuser 
lost, totally lost...
July 06, 2009 02:15AM
hi, i am new here. been doing a lot of reading and am not totally confused. not sure if im alone here...

i was able to load homebrew channel with dvdx. i backed up the zelda twilight princess save on my computer. Now, one of the instructions says:

"Take your homebrew Wii executable (elf or dol file) and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf" or "boot.dol" as appropriate. "

this is the line that confuses me. What is this homebrew wii executable? can someone guide me here?

now, everytime i try to load the original twilight princess game, it still shows the twilighthack0 bar on startup. it does not really start the game...

help please. i am really stuck!

i tried to search for a similar post here - but did not find one. if someone has asked this question before, please guide me to the thread where the answer was provided.
Re: lost, totally lost...
July 06, 2009 02:19AM
Use bannerbomb, the new homebrew installation method. You can view that here. If you need more help, ask.
July 06, 2009 02:27AM
thanks for your reply! but, what is the wii executable that even the bannerbomb site says? is this the data.bin in the zelda game? please help
July 06, 2009 03:23AM
A wii executable is any .dol or .elf file.
July 06, 2009 08:36AM
Arikado
A wii executable is any .dol or .elf file.
It's kinda like a .exe but for wii instead. a data.bin is just a save.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 08:37AM by metroid_maniac.
July 06, 2009 05:19PM
Here's how to do it.
1. Download the HackMii Installer. Find the file Installer.elf in the ZIP archive. Place it your SD card, not in any folder, and rename it boot.elf.
2. Move your "private" folder on the SD card off of it.
3. Download bannerbomb and place that "private" folder on your SD card.
4. Put in your SD card and start up the Wii.
5. Go to the Options section of the Wii menu.
6. Go from there to Data Management, then to Channels, then to SD Card.
7. Select Yes on the window that pops up. Wait for the installer to load, and press 1 when it asks you to.
8. You can now install some software.
*Homebrew Channel: You probably wouldn't have the installer if you didn't want to install this.
*DVDX: Any piece of software that tries to access a normal DVD or DVD-ROM needs this.
*BootMii: This is a more complicated piece of software. It can be installed as IOS (which will need to be started from the Homebrew Channel) or as boot2 (which will cause it to start before the System Menu does). It needs some files on the SD card which are placed by the installer to function. Right now, it is mostly used to back up the Wii's memory in case something goes wrong. If you do not understand or do not wish to understand BootMii, do not install it.

EDIT: Unless you backed up your Twilight Princess save, your original data will be gone. You can delete the Twilight Hack save in Data Management.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 05:20PM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login