Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what does this do?

Posted by aujakev 
Re: what does this do?
July 07, 2009 06:45PM
aujakev
4 Banner Brick, Cant you just use the maitnence mode hack and load the system menu and update?
Sometimes, but remember this:

SYSTEM MENU UPDATES WON'T FIX BANNER BRICKS. ONLY ANYTITLEDELETER WILL.

using maintenence mode you can use the HBC or other exploits to load ATD

now to end this with a sparrow-like... chirp chirp!
July 07, 2009 07:10PM
maintence mode does nothing afaik. if you have a banner brick, and you have preloader or bootmii as boot2 installed, then you can just boot HBC and run AnyTitle Deleter to delete the bad channel. But seeing as how the only way to get banner bricked is by installing custom channels, which is illegal, you shouldnt have anything to worry about if you stick to legal stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 07:11PM by SifJar.
July 08, 2009 03:56AM
A list of (all ?) the system-functions that are affected in Maintenance mode can be found here:
[forum.wiibrew.org]
July 08, 2009 05:57AM
Wait, so if i have a "3rd party" controller, i dont need to take it apart?
July 08, 2009 06:00AM
I think you still do, but you dont need a tri-wing screwdriver...
July 08, 2009 01:25PM
Not necessarily. Some third party controllers will let you push all four directions at once, but first party ones have a little "tab" stopping you which must be removed. But I believe most third party controllers wont need to be disassembled. Although some may

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2009 01:26PM by SifJar.
July 08, 2009 02:25PM
Realy?

What happens in games, when you push two opposing directions at the same time?

On the Super Nintendo you could do quite funny things in Zelda: ALTTP, when you pressed opposing directions at the same time - like finish the game in less then 3 minutes.
July 08, 2009 03:51PM
i think games may well go crazy if you push all directions at once, but it can be done on many third party controllers. And also if you remove the tab from first party ones. I'm guessing Nintendo did this, at least partly, due to the issue you describe on SNES
July 08, 2009 04:21PM
DDR pads can of course be used also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login