Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

getting homebrew apps on the wii menu as channels: how do i go about doing this

Posted by a_modern_man 
?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 05:19AM by a_modern_man.
Re: getting homebrew apps on the wii menu as channels: how do i go about doing this
July 07, 2009 05:24AM
Short answer: you don't.
bg4545
Short answer: you don't.
do you mean that i cant or that i shouldnt because im fairly certain that ive seen it on the youtubes
Re: getting homebrew apps on the wii menu as channels: how do i go about doing this
July 07, 2009 05:30AM
1. It's possible, but no (legal) tools exist to create them.
2. It is unsafe to install them as channels
3. The existing ones seen on YouTube are most likely illegal
bg4545
alrighty then. seemed kinda unnecessary anyway. thanks
It really is unnecessary, I considered doing it (when it was supposedly legal, but I couldn't think what to put there, and since i normally "preload" straight to HBC, since I'm already at HBC and can pick what I need from there.
bg4545
There are legal methods but gaining the knowledge to get that far takes about 6-8 months to learn (or at least for me) and that is just getting the basics without channel animation and all the other fun stuff. I wouldn't call it unsafe to install channels, it is just the same as downloading one from Nintendo. And with BootMii where it is, there is pretty much nothing to worry about.
July 07, 2009 04:16PM
so, how do you do it? i believe you make the banner with Benzin, correct? Then is it just a case of packaging the banner along with the homebrew .dol file and comex's NAND loader into a WAD? If so, how do you do this? If not, how is it done?

EDIT: BTW, have you got a working HBB channel yet? If so, will you be releasing it anytime soon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 04:19PM by SifJar.
Wadder, maybe
Wadder is illegal.
July 07, 2009 07:06PM
hence I ask how he did it. i'm really curious as i have been told that there aren't the tools available that are required for this to be possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login