HBC Problem
July 26, 2009 09:01AM
I installed the HBC with the Hackmii installer several times and each time I get the same problem. I go to the channel and hit start, it acts like its going to load it and then just goes back to the home screen like I quit it. I also tried booting it using the Bootmii option and it just goes to black screen and does nothing.

Any help with this would be great. I couldn't find anything on the forums.
Re: HBC Problem
July 26, 2009 09:31AM
It may not be related, but did you try this?[forum.wiibrew.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 09:31AM by daniel_c_w.
July 26, 2009 09:49AM
Yes, although I used the twilight hack instead of bannerbomb because every time I try going to the bannerbomb website, it says forbidden and gives me an html error. I'm running 3.4 firmware btw.
July 26, 2009 10:24AM
The bannerbomb site is 403ing for me too... how odd.
You're in luck though, Nuke seems to have mirrored it recently.
[www.usbgecko.com]
July 26, 2009 04:22PM
Whenever a channel returns to the Wii Menu, it means that you don't have the proper IOSs installed to use said channel. The black screen error is unique to the HBC and IOS 60 do to the way the HBC installs via the new installation method. Regardless, your error is simply that you don't have the proper IOSs installed.

In other words:
Every now and then Nintendo updates their WAD format so that it won't boot into a channel unless a certain IOS is successfully detected. The WAD format the HBC uses must mirror one of the later Nintendo WAD formats and require a certain IOS to be present to boot. If you've only ever updated via a disc updates, I can personally guarantee you're missing said IOS needed to boot the channel.

So my advice to you is:
Since you have BootMii installed, make a NAND Backup. Then perform an online update via Nintendo and update to 4.1 Then the HBC should work. If not, reinstall via bannerbomb (but again, this shouldn't be necessary). If something goes horribly wrong, you have your NAND Backup to save you. However, there's no loss in homebrew functionality at all between 3.4 and 4.1 so you should be fine on both fronts.
July 27, 2009 06:53AM
Upgrading to 4.1 fixed my problem, thanks for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login