Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB compatibility

Posted by Karvid 
USB compatibility
July 27, 2009 11:20PM
I downloaded the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew Browser today, and I got everything working through an SD card. However, is it possible to save applications on a USB flash drive instead? The Browser has an option for using a USB, but I can't get it working.
Re: USB compatibility
July 28, 2009 12:54AM
yes, just start the homebrew channel without the sd card inserted and the usb drive plugged in
July 28, 2009 12:59AM
Oh, I didn't know that. I wish I'd known that already....

BTW bg4545, go take a look at your black japanese wii topic.....z400100500 has spammed it to death. :P
July 28, 2009 01:06AM
did not! You started it! =p Eh I don't care. Oh wait, yeah I do!
July 29, 2009 12:01AM
I actually did not know this either, is this compatible with all usb drives and all home brew apps. I assume so but never hurts to ask.
July 29, 2009 01:09AM
USB devices that conform to standards will work. As for homebrew apps, your mileage will vary. Check the Wiibrew page for each app.
July 29, 2009 01:23AM
Yeah some apps just don't work from USB..
July 29, 2009 07:49AM
It really isn't hard to add, though. Just a case of outdated libraries in the apps, and/or lack of basic logic supporting it.
July 29, 2009 08:25AM
Well actually, for some reason, when I had FCEUgx on my USB drive it'd just give a code dump, but other emulators worked.. (I haven't tried newer versions though..)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login