Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General Homebrew Questions...

Posted by silva79 
General Homebrew Questions...
July 31, 2009 05:28AM
I'm new to this whole thing and have some questions...

1.) If I were to remove the sd card and then start up my Wii, will anything (i.e. The Homebrew Channel) still be loaded, or will it revert back to the way it was before the hack? Will I ruin it if I were to started it up now w/o the sd card?

2.) If I were to copy everything from the root of the sd card onto a usb flash drive, would I be able to run HBC direct from the USB drive?

3.) When I was messing around with a few of the options on some emu's I noticed that they would allow me to load from "network". Is that referring to my home network? If yes, how would I go about accessing it?

Edit: I forgot something..... Can I sort the apps listed in the HBC? If Yes, how do I do it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 05:39AM by silva79.
Re: General Homebrew Questions...
July 31, 2009 08:27AM
1)you can start up your wii without the sd card and still boot the hbc but you wont have any apps

2)Hbc installs on the wii system memory so you dont need an sd card or anything else to run it but you can open apps from an usb memory just put them like an sd card in a "apps" folder

3)i dont know sorry

im pretty sure you cant sort the apps
July 31, 2009 12:30PM
1. You dont need SD card, and nothing bad will happen if you boot without one
2. Yes, you can move everything to USB, and HBC will still work IF YOU DONT HAVE AN SD CARD IN, but HBC is booted from system menu, not SD/USB
3. Yes it means your home network, and I believe you have to set up an SMB share, but I have no idea how to do this, I have tried to find out, but can't

As for sorting apps, I THINK they are done alphabetically, so you COULD edit the names in the meta.xml files to reorder them, but they'd have different names in HBC then. If you can live with that, and dont mind the hassle of going through all meta.xml files, that'd work, I THINK.

The other possibility is they may be organised by date, in which case, you could copy them all off, and then copy them back in order, but I think its the alphabectically organisation.
July 31, 2009 10:37PM
Awesome! Thanks you guys.

The network thing would've been cool but since I moved everything over to the usb flash drive I now have plenty of room.

The app sorting is alphabetical. It's not like I have alot of apps so I'm just gonna leave it the way it is. I have a compulsive need to organize, and wanted the HBB at the top with my most used apps all on the 1st page,.. I'll live.

One of my emu's is prompting me to update, but when I went to the HBB it says I have the most recent version. Should I update? I don't see why there would be any harm in updating directly from the emu, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

And is Wii64 the only N64 emu available?
July 31, 2009 10:47PM
For app sorting, just edit the meta.xml and put a number ext to name of each app to dictate where you would like them to be. For example, change the name of "Homebrew Browser" to "1 - Homebrew Browser". It's the most discrete way to sort your apps.

Yes, update your emu. Some emu's use different servers than the HBB to update, the updated version of the emu will probably be on the HBB this weekend.

Yes, Wii64 is the only N64 emu ATM. It should be updated relatively soon (speculation on my part mind you) with a version that runs most games at full speed.
August 01, 2009 04:59AM
PROBLEMS!!!
I installed the homebrew channel using twilight princess hack on my brothers 3.2u wii.
Everything worked fine.
I started the homebrew channel..and that was working too.
Rand riskii mod...as i did on my wii....and everything was installed ok.

I was trying to fix the error 002 bug when i think i messed something up.
I downloaded cIOS36_rev8-Installer.dol and tried installing. I added the file to my wad folder.
ran the wad manager and installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad as per instructions.
Nothing happened....so i uninstalled it.
Now when i try to enter the homebrew channel..it kicks me out to the wii menu every time.
What did i do wrong?? and how can i fix it??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 05:04AM by johnjon246.
August 01, 2009 12:05PM
Yeah, you fail. Epically.

Riskii mod = old version of softmii afaik = epic fail. in a zip

You should NEVER uninstall an IOS. That IOS happens to be the one HBC uses in the version you have. Which isn't the latest one. You should update to the latest with HackMii Installer.

Backups aren't supported here, and neither is cIOS. Oh and from the filename, I'm pretty sure you downloaded that IOS from the internet, not from NUS using NUSD, so that is illegal, and also unsupported here.

Basically, your wii is full of fail. My recommendation would be try to remove everything you have done, and start again. This time, just install HBC, DVDx and BootMiii as boot2 with HackMii Installer run via Twilight Hack, and don't try to do anything with backups or WADs or cIOS or anything. Oh, but you'll have to run WiiSCU with Twilight Hack and install IOS 60 first, then run HackMii installer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login