Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HomeBrew Channel installed...I think?

Posted by FlintEastwood 
HomeBrew Channel installed...I think?
August 20, 2009 12:37AM
My setup is at the end of the message, so read my problem first in case you don't need that info.

Well, I've tried to do my research and think I installed everything OK. here's what happens.

The Homebrew Channel loads fine, and I get the blue bubble screen with the "homebrew channel" in the corner. The home button gets me a setup screen, but now I'm kind of confused as to what exactly I need to do to play DVDs and run applications....is there something else I'm missing, or did I screw up the install?

This is what my SD Card looks like:

Root/private/wii/title/....and so on and so on (bannerbomb folder)
Root/boot.elf

After putting the SD card into the slot, I went to Data Management/Channel/SD and ran the install. I selected to install Homebrew Channel and DVDX...and now...well, I just don't know what do do.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Re: HomeBrew Channel installed...I think?
August 20, 2009 12:44AM
You did install correctly. You need Mplayer CE (my favorite) to run DVDs. You can download it at wiibrew.org.
August 20, 2009 12:46AM
Right, right. I didn't realize the Homebrew Channel was the facilitator for the apps. My apologies for not doing *enough* research before posting. Thanks!
August 20, 2009 12:51AM
No problem and happy homebrewing!!
August 20, 2009 10:29PM
If HBC can read DVDs, does that mean that DVDx was installed?
August 20, 2009 10:32PM
HBC cant read DVDs, regardless of DVDx. You need a media playing app like MPlayer CE which can play DVDs to play DVDs using DVDx.
August 23, 2009 01:20AM
Oh, and install bootmii as boot2 if you can.
August 23, 2009 11:04AM
Super_ness
Oh, and install bootmii as boot2 if you can.
That'll give you a (as the creators called it) safety net in case anything goes wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 11:04AM by metroid_maniac.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login