Officially slow but too shot out to quit try'in ...
August 24, 2009 07:08PM
First my appologies if I've posted where I shouldn't of and if this has been covered some where, I'm sorry I just can't find my problem any where & I've spent days on end search'in for it & a fix for me.

Secondly; NO 1st'ly Thanx I do appreciate ANY help with this & my grand daughter will also thank you dearly as we got the WII to surprize her next time she's here.

OK I have in stalle the HomeBrewChannel (I thinx) but not totally as I get to the point where I Launch BootMII & it takes me to a darker screen with 4 icons on it (Wii ; the homebrew channel ; SD ; and the last one looks like two gears) But at this screen I am froze and can do nothing at all. :( Have I done something wrong? Does any of what I've said here make any sense to any one & would you be so kind as to help me out. I'd truely appreciate that if you would or could.

Very sorry again for being so dumb folks

Thanx
PoppiesBluff

(Ridiculous formatting removed -- Arikado)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 09:45PM by Arikado.
Re: Officially slow but too shot out to quit try'in ...
August 24, 2009 08:46PM
Use a cube controller to navigate the bootmii menu or the power and reset buttons on the wii console.
August 24, 2009 08:56PM
Thats BootMii and Wii Remotes dont work with it. You need to use the front buttons on the wii to navigate. Press power to scroll right and press reset to select. Select the Wii icon to load System Menu, the Homebrew Channel Icon to load Homebrew Channel, SD icon to load MINI homebrew (not very much of this exists, most homebrew must be launched through HBC instead) and the gears icon lets you dump and restore your NAND, which helps if you brick. Oh, did you install BootMii as boot2 or IOS, do you remember?
August 24, 2009 09:14PM
I don't know what a cube controller is but I'll try some more & play with the buttons on the WII it's self Thanx

If I remember right I have it installed as IOS; That's what the instuctions said I should do I'm sure
August 24, 2009 09:18PM
What instructions? You generally speaking shouldnt follow ANY guide on the internet other than at WiiBrew.org. They are almost all copied from or based on guides from GBATemp, which is a BAD site, frequented by pirates, and most guides there are full of illegal stuff, most of which will mess up your Wii if you do something slightly wrong. Oh, and BootMii as IOS is practically useless at the moment. boot2 is FAR more useful, as it gives brick protection. However, not everyone can install it as boot2, but everyone can install it as IOS.
August 24, 2009 09:31PM
Yes instuctions at WiiBrew.org And Thanx I can now navigate these icons but what do I do here to do anything? I'm so sorry I'm so slow with this all but I'm just not up on everything here yet. WiiBrew.org instructions say I have to accsses BootMii through HomeBrewChannel but now that I have what do I do ? I had thought my grand daughter could access some different games and such through it, but I can't see where to do such a thing yet. Am I not doing something right yet?
August 24, 2009 09:47PM
BootMii as IOS is useless. You can use Hombrew Channel (or HBC, as its known) to play homebrew games.
August 24, 2009 09:47PM
Disregard this post - I only read the original topic post and it left me under the impression he had a boot2 install. Sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 06:00PM by Arikado.
August 24, 2009 09:50PM
Why does he have to press reset? he installed bootmii as IOS, not boot2. He just needs to turn on his wii, and it'll start like normal.
August 24, 2009 10:18PM
OK I'm so lost :(

If I go to the HBC I see blue/green water & bubbles & that's it!

Then if I press the home button I get

Back
About
reload
Launch BootMii
Exit

How do we play any games?
August 24, 2009 11:34PM
You need to download homebrew games and put them in the apps folder. Read the FAQ, its at the top of one of the boards on this forum.
August 25, 2009 02:01PM
First off Thanx for all your help here I am furter along now but still not there & that is a plus so Thanx

Now when I try to do anything it says I need

IOS249 & cios336_rev5-64-vio42

Where can these be found?
August 25, 2009 06:00PM
PoppiesBluff
What are you trying to do?
August 25, 2009 06:26PM
Arikado
PoppiesBluff
What are you trying to do?

I am try'in to play and/or dowload games from HomeBrewChannel but I keep getting a error (ret = -2011)

What should I do differently?
August 25, 2009 06:32PM
What application are you running?
August 25, 2009 06:39PM
Sounds to me like you're trying to use warez applications to install pirated content. Thats not supported here and is also illegal.
August 25, 2009 07:07PM
SifJar
You need to download homebrew games and put them in the apps folder. Read the FAQ, its at the top of one of the boards on this forum.

Sounds to me like you're trying to use warez applications to install pirated content. Thats not supported here and is also illegal.

MattMan
What application are you running?

I can't be running any app because I cant get into ANYTHING to download ANY... Plus I've read threw that FAQ and most of it is Greek to me

Look what I've done is download (as instructed by WiiBrew.org), aad1f_v108 and hackmii_installer_beta3 I've followed the instructions to put that on my SD card and installed the Home Brew Channel onto my Wii (at least I beleave I've done all that so far), but other than pop'in some bubbles what the hell do I do here? Can any1 help in EZ 2 understand terms a not so computer litterate fool like me could understand please? If not that's cool too. I can keep buying new games for the grand kids I don't mind I simple thought this was as it says it is that one can download games from HBC

But dont accuse me of anything other than doing what this place says to do... Now if what all you arer doing is illegal & one's simply not suppose to ask for help then say that and I can move on

Thanx any how
August 25, 2009 07:19PM
PoppiesBluff
but other than pop'in some bubbles what the hell do I do here? Can any1 help in EZ 2 understand terms a not so computer litterate fool like me could understand please?
You need to put apps on your SD Card.

Apps: [www.wiibrew.org]
August 25, 2009 08:26PM
Nothing here is illegal, but niether does anything on WiiBrew require cIOS. Mostly stuff that requires cIOS are tools for running ACTUAL Wii games you dont own, and that is illegal and not supported here.

The point of homebrew channel is to get free games that you cant buy in shops that have been made by hobbyist coders for fun. Homebrew has been abused by some people to allow the downloading and playing of retail games you dont own, and most of the tools used for this require cIOS. That is why I assumed you were doing illegal stuff. I apologize profusely if I made a wrong assumption. Please tell me what you where trying to do when you were told you needed cIOS.
August 25, 2009 09:59PM
I'm sorry if I'm not understanding everything here, but do you have Wi-Fi or the Wii directly connected to the internet to download the apps? If you are putting apps on your sd card, are they in the folder marked apps?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login