Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDHC Cards...

Posted by icednewb 
SDHC Cards...
August 29, 2009 01:15AM
I'm looking to get a new SD card, I have a very old 256MB one. I was looking at the SDHC cards. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 4GB or 8GB microSD card. Would just about any SDHC be compatible now? I noticed there are diffferent classes, so I would like to get the class 6 version of a 8GB microSD card more than likely. You can get them and the adapter for under $20.

Anyone have any experice with anything like that, and should homebrew apps (the emulators) work with these cards, or do you need special libraries or anything?

Anyone have a suggestion on which card to use?

Thanks!
Re: SDHC Cards...
August 29, 2009 01:19AM
Well i have had a 4GB SDHC Micro with adapter for about a year... it works great with bootmii (never done a restore though) and most of my apps will work. However i do have to reformat often or i get the "Unable to initialize FAT Sub-System" error a lot. Also most network using things have problems every once and a while... I've heard of there being issues caused by it being an adapter... (so i would get an SD card) not a micro or mini
August 29, 2009 04:05PM
The compatibility of SD/SDHC cards varies for each app.
August 29, 2009 06:00PM
I have noticed that san disk cards tend to work best on my wii, also 2GB is probably the most you will actually need for an sd card dedicated to homebrew. My 2gb card still has around 1gb left thats with the many apps and wiiware/vc games on it.

If you want to watch movies you are better off using a usb memory stick to store them since they are relatively cheaper (atleast for me).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login