Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Savegame installer save retaining

Posted by MorphBall 
Savegame installer save retaining
September 29, 2009 01:02PM
Okay, so basically, I reformatted my Wii, after using the SaveGame Extractor to copy my Brawl and MKWii saves; afterwards I re-hacked, transferred everything over fine. What I'm wondering is, will the new Wii Firmware update erase or mess with any of my data? I think I remember seeing something about the new firmware updates removing things, and can't find anything regarding these two saves.

From what I understand the HBC should stay put, and other than using the SaveGame Installer I haven't done anything that Ninty should frown at, so, would I be alright to update; as far as everyone knows?
Re: Savegame installer save retaining
September 29, 2009 06:02PM
I've been curious about this too, because I have a ACCF town made in AC Toolkit installed on my Wii using Savegame Installer... so technically that makes it a hacked gamesave, which 4.1 and 4.2 supposedly get rid of.

I've personally heard mixed results from other ACCF hackers, some had their towns deleted some didn't.
So I'm really not sure... the only thing I can say is that the info SHOULD only get messed with if it was hacked in any way (not transfered using hacks, but the save being hacked itself, like an action replay hacked gamesave).
September 29, 2009 11:36PM
The update does this:

Bannerbomb Doesn't work.
BootMii BootMii will be overwritten by boot2v4.
Homebrew Channel Removed by the System Menu.
cIOS Popular piracy cIOS locations are stubs.
Preloader 0.29 Uninstalled due to a new System Menu. Since 4.2 uses IOS70, Preloader 0.29 will not work properly.
DVDX Removed by the System Menu.

It doesnt say that it removes saves....

From what I understand the HBC should stay put

No. It will remove the HBC
September 30, 2009 01:47AM
Yeah, but does that still apply if you havn't updated to 4.1?
September 30, 2009 02:38AM
Alright, thanks. I guess so long as I don't end up bricked I can always just reformat/hack again if it doesn't go well.

Out of curiosity, what would it take to put the HBC back on after this update? I'm assuming I'd have to use one of the exploits again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 02:39AM by MorphBall.
September 30, 2009 02:43AM
As of now, you cannot put the HBC back on 4.2. You can, however, use "Indiana Pwns" or "StackSmash" to run homebrew apps.
September 30, 2009 02:52AM
Oh, alright. Thanks for the help guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login