Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installed safe updater 4.2 before cIOS249----> Help, need help :(

Posted by borelg 
Installed safe updater 4.2 before cIOS249----> Help, need help :(
October 10, 2009 05:16PM
Hi guys I'm new here I need strongly your help!! On my Wii console there was 3.3E firmware and I installed 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. The problem is that I had not installed cIOS249 before running safe updater. And now doesn't work BootMii (installed as an IOS). But now I explain to you what I have do:
-Installed HackMii (BootMii + Homebrew channel + DVDx). I installed BootMii ad an IOS because this is the only way to install it (my console is the newer one that denied the BootMii installation on boot2)
-Did NAND backup (using BootMii)
-Update the firmware from 3.3E to 4.2E using v4.2 safe updater. Release note:

This is based off of my offline guide to upgrade any console (that has NOT been region hacked) to v4.2 safely. This is a modification of the Shop Channel and IOS61 Installer by tona. It has been rigorously tested and should not brick anyone, but as usual, use it at your own risk. Source included of course.

It will detect your region, download and install all of the NECESSARY IOSes, your specific system menu, and the shopping channel update from v4.2 It will NOT touch your cIOSes, stub anything, or touch your boot2. It also will NOT trucha sign any of the IOSes it downloads and installs. If you want to pirate, you'll have to go ahead and use DOP-IOS or similar to trucha patch your IOS70 after the upgrade is complete smile.gif

It is almost completely automated. Answer a question in the beginning, sit back and relax, and wait for the update to be completed. When finished, you'll be on v4.2 with everything functional (no upside down HBC, no "vulnerable IOS not found" errors). This should hopefully eliminate all of the goofy issues people have been having with the upgrade.

After the update I wanted to install cIOS249 by wanikoko but after running the installer at the point "Installing custom IOS" it said: "ERROR ret = -2011" (I ran the network installation). I also tried to install trucha bug on IOS36 and IOS70 but dop-ios give errors. And also now I can't run BootMii (installed as an IOS). When I go to hbc --> click home --> launch BootMii the screen remain black and the leds around of the disk hole in the console flashed... Why? and homebrew channel works!!
And I havn't yet installed cIOS249 by wanikoko! How can I solve my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

ps. Sorry for my english but I'm not from USA...
Re: Installed safe updater 4.2 before cIOS249----> Help, need help :(
October 10, 2009 05:22PM
Don't install Wanky's cIOS, use tona's one if you wanna go legal. (no backup-loading thingamajigs but who needs em' anyway?) You need a trucha-bugged IOS to install any cIOSes.

Do you have your BootMii files on your SD card? They have to be in it for BootMii to run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 05:23PM by Matoking.
October 10, 2009 05:23PM
We dont support anything made by waninkoko, because all of it is either:
a) Warez/piracy related crap
b) untested bricky crap
October 10, 2009 05:30PM
sorry I didn't think that it is warez.... Ok but don't think to wanikoko I want only to install cIOS but if I run dop-ios for restoring trucha bug it doesn't work why?

EDIT: in my SD there is boot.elf file of HackWii installer is it enough to run bootmii??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 05:52PM by borelg.
October 11, 2009 02:33AM
borelg
sorry I didn't think that it is warez.... Ok but don't think to wanikoko I want only to install cIOS but if I run dop-ios for restoring trucha bug it doesn't work why?

That is because you need either an IOS with a lower version number or an already patched IOS in order to install patched IOSs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login