Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie help with dvdx, thanks

Posted by digitalduck 
Newbie help with dvdx, thanks
October 13, 2009 04:06PM
Hi, ok I thought I had this al figured out but I received errors during the dvdx portion and now need advice on how to proceed..

Here is my setup. Wii 4.1 U with homebrew 1.06 with bootmii etc. the install works fine and dvdx installs but I don’t see it anywhere. After figuring it out and downloading dvdx app it gives me this error..

Installing dvd stud…
Loading dvd stub…
Dvd stub configured to use IOS36
Fixing up tmd signature…
Installing dvd stub ticket…
Error -1030002011 installing dvd stub

Back
Exit

What am I doing wrong on the dvdx side?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 04:10PM by digitalduck.
Re: Newbie help with dvdx, thanks
October 13, 2009 05:12PM
Nothing.

DVDX is a hidden channel - you won't see it anywhere.

After the Wii 4.2 system update was released, we changed he title of DVDX to DISC. That means that no homebrew will work with DVDX until said homebrew is updated.

In short: Just hang tight until your favorite DVD using homebrew is updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.
October 13, 2009 05:26PM
Oh, so I actually cant use the hackmii installer or whatever to use dvd to play dvds as of this point. It has nothing to do with an incorrect IO or anything that I would have to downgrade? Thanks :)
October 13, 2009 07:20PM
no nothing is wrong. You just need to wait for apps like MPlayer CE to be updated (its an easy fix afaik, so they'll probably just stick it in with other updates, so it may be a week or two)
October 13, 2009 08:05PM
In the mean time you could install DVDx with the HackMii Installer 0.4 or older. That will work for now, but if you ever update to 4.2 it will be deleted.
October 13, 2009 08:54PM
Thats what I meant...i used the hackmii installer for everything...
October 13, 2009 10:50PM
digitalduck
Oh, so I actually cant use the hackmii installer or whatever to use dvd to play dvds as of this point. It has nothing to do with an incorrect IO or anything that I would have to downgrade? Thanks :)
HackMii Installer and DVDX work. The apps that use them are just broken for now until they are updated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login