Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Protecting Wii from Crashing

Posted by musicalmatt 
Protecting Wii from Crashing
October 18, 2009 05:56PM
This question may sound really stupid but I can't find a definite answer. Is there anything that can be installed on the Wii, so that if it crashes ever it can easily be fixed. When I say easily, I mean doing it myself and not having to send it in to Nintendo if possible.
Re: Protecting Wii from Crashing
October 18, 2009 06:24PM
its called bootmii
October 21, 2009 02:20AM
O, I looked up BootMii, I'm not very familiar with it. Can someone describe how it works and how to install. I read the description on the Wiki, but it wasn't very clear....well to me that is.
October 21, 2009 04:10AM
Use the HackMii Installer to install it.

Basically, BootMii/boot2 or BootMii/IOS both allow you to save a NAND backup. This is an exact copy of whatever was on your Wii (except for boot0, 1, and 2, which are pointless to back up) including channels, System Menu, etc. If you are using BootMii/boot2 (only possible on older Wiis) you can also restore these backups to the Wii that created them (however, a tool called Betwiin allows you to use NAND backups made for one Wii on another if you have the NAND keys for both Wiis, which can be taken from BootMii backups) which BootMii/IOS will not let you do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login