Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home brew help

Posted by bubalogan 
Home brew help
October 25, 2009 07:04PM
Hey, I am new to the whole homebrew thing and I need urgent help. I have an sd card 2gigs I also have a wii its serial number starts with(LU32) and a sd card reader. The problem is is that my wii version is 4.2U and I have everything updated fully. Can I still get the homebrew channel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 07:05PM by bubalogan.
Re: Home brew help
October 25, 2009 07:13PM
Yes.

Use Bannerbomb in conjunction with the latest version of the HackMii Installer (v0.6)
October 25, 2009 07:16PM
could you make it a little bit easier for me to understand all this Im still very new and I want to do everything perfectly so I can start contributing to this site.
October 25, 2009 07:18PM
October 25, 2009 07:18PM
Bannerbomb: [www.wiibrew.org]
HackMii Installer: [hackmii.com]

Bannerbomb crashes the Wii launching the HackMii Installer which then installs the homebrew channel, dvdx, and/or bootmii.
October 25, 2009 07:21PM
sorry, Is there any youtube video I could watch as this happens? Im sorry for being such a noob about all this I just want to do it right the first time(And avoid a brick).
p.s Im typing thins on the internet channel.
October 25, 2009 07:23PM
there are plenty of pretty pictures on my post.

YouTube vids you really can't trust cuz you never know what method (fail or not) they are using... well, you can't tell if you are new at it...
October 25, 2009 07:26PM
Do NOT use youtube videos. 99% of youtube videos are outdated and will brick your Wii (remember - you're on 4.2)

If you're too lazy to read the links I and mdbrim have posted, then I regret to inform you that Wii homebrew is simply not for you. However, if you have a question or concern regarding the content of those links, then we will both be more than willing to assuage your fears and answer your questions as best we can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2009 07:27PM by Arikado.
October 25, 2009 07:42PM
Ok, thank you for your assistance I will read the links you provided me and follow them accordingly I hope to get the Hbc installed and be a member of the forums.
sincerely,logan
October 25, 2009 07:45PM
Wonderful :-)

Again, please be sure to let us know as soon as you need any assistance.
October 25, 2009 09:48PM
I got one more question. Does the wii still function normally after installing the HBC? And can I still buy wii games and play them normally? Or does the hbc change all that?
October 25, 2009 10:32PM
It's just like any other wii channel. So games will be fine.
October 25, 2009 11:27PM
Your wii will operate perfectly normally with HBC installed, dont worry. The only time it will stop doing so is if you install some really stupid IOS patches, which aren't supported here.
October 25, 2009 11:46PM
will the wii shop channel still function normally? Or can it dslete the homebrew channel?
October 26, 2009 12:11AM
Shop channel is fine. Nothing will delete the latest HBC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login