Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx

Posted by spyx 
DVDx
October 28, 2009 01:13AM
Hey i am like a great newb and before I new about this awesome omebrew thing i updated to 4.2 until recently that was a problem becuase somethin new was released. I followed all the steps to install and the channel is running but I have 2 questions,
1. My wii wont play dvd's (you have any suggestions on which media player i should use?) i instlled dvdx from the hack mii installer but my wii still wont read any dvd's HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. What is the purpose of Boot mii ? I installed it but every time i go to it my wii remote loses its connection to the wii and i cant do anything but reset my wii. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DVDx
October 28, 2009 01:17AM
why would you install something that you don't know what it does?

UG and we wonder why we have so many "HELP I BRICKED MY WII!!!"

bootmii isn't gonna do anything for you unless you can install it as boot2 (which you probably can't)

It serves some purposes but nothing that big (unless you can get it on as boot2 and get some uber brick protection)
October 28, 2009 02:34AM
1)All apps that use dvdx need to be updated

2)Wiimotes dont work in BootMii
October 28, 2009 03:23PM
Ok so here are a few answers for you, or at least what i suggest:

Q1. My wii wont play dvd's (you have any suggestions on which media player i should use?) i instlled dvdx from the
hackmii installer but my wii still wont read any dvd's HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

A1. I would highly recommend using the MPlayer CE
Because of the following: It Plays Files from DATA - DVD SDHC USB SMB & Radio...

Q2. What is the purpose of Boot mii ? I installed it but every time i go to it my wii remote loses its connection to the wii
and i cant do anything but reset my wii. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

A2. Right so for this answer im not going to be like some on here and slag of your actions, If you are anything like me you
simply have to try things out for yourself to figure them out, Even if you cannot figure them out totaly and need help like I
DID........
They are right in saying that unless you have used the Boot2 it really isn't that useful because it is used as a form
of back up so you can back up your Wii and then if the dreadful did happen Like you bricked your Wii you would be
able to still use your Wii from loading it from the Bootmii, I am currently looking into which way i done mine because i
can't remember and i would definitely like to have the option of being able to still use my Wii if the worst did happen,
But saying all this i have heard that the Bootmii way is dodgy aswell ? ? ? ? I guess it is all down to personal thought
and opinion.

A2a. If you do want to look around the Bootmii option all you have to do is get to it (i am thinking you know how to do this)
For any noobs out there Get on to your HomeBrew Channel, on your Wiimote press the home button then on the
third (i think) option down it says launch BootMii.
So anyway back to the point,
When you get onto the page use: Power button to select / Highlight which option you want
Reset Button to select / activate your choice

If you wish to leave the Bootmii just press reset when it is either on the Homebrew Channel option or the Wii option.
It is all self explanatory when you know the buttons to press.

Hope this has help in some small way. . .
October 28, 2009 04:01PM
Jez, you can see how you installed BootMii in the Hackmii installer. And if you can install it as boot2, don't hesitate to do so. If you can't install as boot2, the only brick protection you can use is preloader because you can't access Bootmii/IOS if you brick your Wii.
October 28, 2009 04:12PM
Molzo
Jez, you can see how you installed BootMii in the Hackmii installer. And if you can install it as boot2, don't hesitate to do so. If you can't install as boot2, the only brick protection you can use is preloader because you can't access Bootmii/IOS if you brick your Wii.

Molzo your a Gentleman and a scholar, I thank you enormously...... What is and how can i use a Preloader ? ? ?
October 28, 2009 05:39PM
Preloader is an app that loads itself before the system menu does (in the same way as Bootmii/boot2) so if you brick your Wii, you can still access Preloader. It also has other features, like modifying the system menu to move the Disc Channel and to skip disc updates, but i don't use Preloader since I have BootMii/boot2, so I can't help you with that. You can install both if you want, though.
October 28, 2009 06:07PM
Ok nice one thank you, i will see if i have bootMii/boot2 first though
October 29, 2009 03:20AM
Thanks you guys that was helpful :) but if the wii remote doesnt work on the bootmii what does??? and what types of dvd's can the Mplayer CE run????
October 29, 2009 03:23AM
Bootmii isn't meant to work with the wiimote. Use either a GC controller or the Power/reset buttons to scroll right/select, respectively.

As for Mplayer CE, I don't think there are any specifications on what type of DVD you use....I'm probably wrong though. :P lol
October 29, 2009 07:12PM
Any ideas on how i can find out if i have bootmii boot2 ? ? ?
October 29, 2009 07:53PM
If you have the BootMii files on your SD card and BootMii is installed as boot2, it'll start when you turn on your Wii. If you need to load it through HBC, then you have it installed as an IOS.
October 30, 2009 01:58PM
Thanks, But i found one of your post's on another forum somewhere and you said the same....
I do unfortunately have IOS, how would i go about fixing this ? ? ? Do i simply have to un-install BootMii and then re-install it.
If so would this be done on the Bootmii Menu....

Actually wait there i think it said that I can't load it as BootMii when i checked it.... I also checked it with the hackMii installer.

Yeah on the HackMii installer V0.6 it says that BootMii can only be installed as IOS, It also says that "the installed Boot 1 version prevents a boot 2 Install (-2)"

At the top it also says that i am using IOS versions: Installer: 36, HBC: 36, DVDx: 36

How could I install boot2 ? i figure either an upgrade or a downgrade but i am on 3.3E and i have read that both upgrading and down grading could be dodgy and so i am wary with out the boot2 NAND backup.

I have researched so much that i am now confused because various forums conflict with what they say to do ! ! !

SifJar you really are a PERSON OF HIGH INTELLIGENCE . . . . (sorry didn't mean to offend you or your god) You have time to make apps, fix apps and above all else feed the hunger of knowledge that i and many others have,

I definitely think we should have a "Thank You" button attached to the post's so we can so our appreciation for certain members.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 09:32PM by Jez.M.
October 30, 2009 05:26PM
Anyway, you can NEVER install BootMii as boot2, as you cannot change your boot1 version. Sorry. The only way this will ever change is if Team Twiizers find a new exploit in boot1, which is still present in the new versions of boot1. But dont hold your breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 10:26PM by SifJar.
October 30, 2009 09:27PM
SifJar
That is blasphemey. There is only one God

Let's not start this please... we've already been thru the fact that there are so many different countries on this forum in relation to ROM rules, lets not bring in all the different religious beliefs too SifJar.

Right so for this answer im not going to be like some on here and slag of your actions, If you are anything like me you
simply have to try things out for yourself to figure them out, Even if you cannot figure them out totaly and need help like I
DID........

I agree about trying things out for yourself and figure them out, but when it says this about a piece of software:

Warning!
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

then maybe you should read up on it first, not just install it and then ask "what does it do and how do i use it"... that's all im saying.
October 30, 2009 09:31PM
mdbrim
SifJar
That is blasphemey. There is only one God

Let's not start this please... we've already been thru the fact that there are so many different countries on this forum in relation to ROM rules, lets not bring in all the different religious beliefs too SifJar.

He (or she. Don't know, don't care) has the right to protest against something that is offensive to his religion. SifJar was just asking nicely. Now, before this ends up with flaming left right and center just.. be a bit more considerate.
October 30, 2009 09:36PM
How dare you infer that i was being inconsiderate...

What if it is offensive to my religion to claim that "There is only one God"

just because things are mainstream for most people doesn't mean that EVERYONE thinks that way. My point was it can be equally as offensive to say what he said and to avoid having to tailor our words to EVERYONE's needs i merely suggested we not bring stuff like that up!

Nothing more, nothing less!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 09:37PM by mdbrim.
October 30, 2009 09:37PM
mdbrim

Right so for this answer im not going to be like some on here and slag of your actions, If you are anything like me you
DID........

I agree about trying things out for yourself and figure them out, but when it says this about a piece of software:

Warning!
This homebrew makes permanent changes to your Wii's flash memory (NAND) and should be used with caution.

then maybe you should read up on it first, not just install it and then ask "what does it do and how do i use it"... that's all im saying.

No yeah to be fair your totally right as well, I too do also agree that you SHOULD and would be daft not to read as much about it as possible, Even ask for help when you can't find the answer your looking for
October 30, 2009 09:39PM
I'm with ya Jez.M!!

I didn't mean to come across as a jerk in my original post... just trying to reduce the number of "I bricked my wii" posts

:D
October 30, 2009 09:42PM
Guys Or Gals......

Please lets stop this on the religious thing..... I only meant to say thank you in the most flatering way and i'm afraid that it done

just the opposite, Listen if somebody finds something offensive then that is there right as a human being and just as long as

the person who offended weather intentionally or not apologizes then that should be the end of it.

I totally didn't find it rude what SifJar said in anyway shape or form so please lets cool this and get on as we all should,

Anyway SiJar rules because He/She has helped me out with loads of info so far....

Peace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login