Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After updating to 4.2u, I can't get Homebrew back

Posted by eaithegrimreaper 
After updating to 4.2u, I can't get Homebrew back
November 01, 2009 04:55AM
Here's what happened...

I was doing just fine with my homebrew until i decided to download cIOScorp. Well, in an attempt do do something unmentionable, I tried deleting Homebrew off my System Menu in an attempt to use bannerbomb v2 and get dvdx v2. Since cIOScorp did its thing, I apperently have "no vulnerable IOSes" according to hackmii. I just need to know if there is ANY way at this point to get Homebrew back. Thanks in advance.
Re: After updating to 4.2u, I can't get Homebrew back
November 01, 2009 05:12AM
Using bannerbomb, run Dop-IOS MOD and install an IOS. I think that will help you....

You should use this situation as a lesson not to install things that aren't on wiibrew. :P
November 01, 2009 02:59PM
WaxyPumpkin72
You should use this situation as a lesson not to install things that aren't on wiibrew. :P
That's exactly what other forums say about themselves :D
November 02, 2009 12:42AM
Molzo
WaxyPumpkin72
Except that those "other forums" support piracy.
November 02, 2009 08:24PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Molzo
WaxyPumpkin72
No, they support "backups". And fail.
November 03, 2009 02:16AM
metroid_maniac
WaxyPumpkin72
Molzo
WaxyPumpkin72
No, they support "backups". And destructive software.

Fixed.

Generally, if WiiBrew supports something, it tends not to do much, if any, damage when used properly. Things like AnyTitle Deleter can, but have non-destructive uses also.
November 03, 2009 02:46AM
Really guys? Let's give the gentlemen a hand instead of suffocating in our own arrogance.Back on topic please.
November 03, 2009 04:53AM
eaithegrimreaper
Here's what happened...

I was doing just fine with my homebrew until i decided to download cIOScorp. Well, in an attempt do do something unmentionable, I tried deleting Homebrew off my System Menu in an attempt to use bannerbomb v2 and get dvdx v2. Since cIOScorp did its thing, I apperently have "no vulnerable IOSes" according to hackmii. I just need to know if there is ANY way at this point to get Homebrew back. Thanks in advance.

Go check out the "Hackmii won't install" thread -- I think it will address your issues.
November 03, 2009 06:45AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Using bannerbomb, run Dop-IOS MOD and install an IOS. I think that will help you....
November 04, 2009 05:50AM
WaxyPumpkin72
WaxyPumpkin72
That's where Im lost. I don't know how to get DOP-IOS to work with bannerbomb. Maybe I'm missing something, but can I get something more specific?
November 04, 2009 06:03AM
Sure. :)

Download Dop-IOS MOD, take the boot.dol, and put it on the root of your SD card. If there already is a boot.elf or boot.dol file on the root of your SD card, remove it.

Download Bannerbomb, and drag the private folder to the root of your SD card. If there already is a private folder on your SD card, then temporarily name it to "privateold", or something other than "private".

Launch the SD menu on the wii with your SD card inserted, and it should launch Dop-IOS MOD. Install IOS30.

Good luck. :D
November 04, 2009 09:42PM
Great I'll try it out ASAP, which means as soon as I can use my girlfriend's laptop, but one off-topic question, does Wii64 work on SDHC cards?
November 04, 2009 09:55PM
It should do, it was compiled recently i.e. it was compiled with latest devkitPPC or a recent one anyway, therefore it should have SDHC support.
November 05, 2009 12:04AM
Okay, so it asks which IOS I should use to install other IOSes, which one would that be?
November 05, 2009 01:44AM
Anyone that can accept fakesigning. Still don't know? Try all of them until you select one that works.
November 05, 2009 08:02PM
IOS36 should be a good bet. Although, with cIOScorp installed, most IOS would probably work.
November 05, 2009 08:59PM
Actually, I used IOS60, since it was default as soon as I started it and I tried to DOP IOS30 but when I clicked - a mess of scrambled unreadable text came up, so I should just try other IOSes?
November 05, 2009 09:31PM
Did you use the download above? If not, use it instead. If you did use it, you shouldnt have got a garbled screen, so I dunno what the problem is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login