Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to this, looking for a bit of help

Posted by JE78 
New to this, looking for a bit of help
November 10, 2009 05:05AM
I just got a Wii and of course I upgraded to the 4.2u frimware before I found out about all this. This is what I've done so far.

I downloaded Bannerbomb V2 for V4.2 from here: [bannerbomb.qoid.us]
I downloaded HackMii Installer v0.6 from here: [bootmii.org]

Here's where I get confused. In the abd6a_v200.zip folder I don't see a "private" folder, all I have is 1 file called content.bin but it shows the path private/wii/title/aktn so I created each folder and then put the content.bin file in the aktn folder. I then extracted the hackmii_installer_v0.6.zip file on to my SD card which gave me a folder called "wiiload" and then the "boot.elf" fine is in the main directory.

Ok, so I turn on my Wii put the SD card in, click on the SD icon on the main page and it loads up to the HackMii installer and gives me the option to install HBC and DVDX. Before I continue I want to make sure I have everything I need on my SD card. After I install HBC and DVDX whatelse do I need to install or do? Is 4.2 safe to unlock or are there still alot of bricking going on? I can't brick this or my wife may shoot me. Thanks in advance.

The Wii I have is over a year old, almost 2 years old to be exact incase that matters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 05:45AM by JE78.
Re: New to this, looking for a bit of help
November 10, 2009 06:19AM
Once the Hackmii Installer loads, just install the HBC/DVDx. You don't need to have any other files.

Also, I would suggest installing bootmii boot2.
November 10, 2009 02:22PM
Where do I get bootmii boot2 and where do I put it on the SD card?
November 10, 2009 03:20PM
Is there a way to revert the Wii to its original state?
November 10, 2009 03:39PM
JE78
Is there a way to revert the Wii to its original state?

Yes, it's very easy. Just run the HackMii installer again and uninstall the files.
November 10, 2009 03:49PM
Thanks, one last question. Once I install the HBC, DVDX and bootmii boot2 do I need to have the SD card in the Wii each time I turn it on? And are 4.2 versions still acceptable to bricking even after Bannerbomb V2?
November 10, 2009 04:43PM
JE78
Thanks, one last question. Once I install the HBC, DVDX and bootmii boot2 do I need to have the SD card in the Wii each time I turn it on? And are 4.2 versions still acceptable to bricking even after Bannerbomb V2?
You don't HAVE to insert it when you turn on the Wii to use HBC apps. You do need to insert it if you want BootMii to load. So just insert it before you start loading the app if you only want HBC apps. Since Bootmii loads before the system menu, you must insert your SD to use it. And I'm not sure about 4.2. because I heard it bricks random Wiis. Some die, some survive, I think.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 04:49PM by Molzo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login