Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Autoboot wont work with Savemii

Posted by robonie 
Autoboot wont work with Savemii
November 10, 2009 07:26AM
Hi Guys,
I have just received my first bricked wii from a friend who got it from another friend and so on.
so i dont know the history of this console.

So when i power it up iget a blank screen and with savemii i get the version 3.1 E
now what i did was inserted wii music and it upgraded it to 3.3E.
but when i did a reboot i still get a blank screen no other activity but when i insert savemii i get on the right corner 3.3E.
so for reson the update didnt fix the problem i installed a drivekey modchip and tried autobooting universal unbrick disc 2 and autoboot anyregion changer but both of these wont load the disc just spins and wont read.

i have tried burning different speeds 2x 4x and have made many copies but still wont read.
i have also tried a good working wii with a modchip 3.3E but it also wont autoboot.

can anyone tell me if there is another autoboot disc that will work with the savemii dongle or is there something i am doing wrong.

Please any help

Thanks...
Re: Autoboot wont work with Savemii
November 11, 2009 01:15AM
Your wii is banner bricked, so, as you found out, an update will not fix it. Also, you can't boot a fakesigned disc with the 3.3 update or newer.

If you could auto-boot the US version of Brawl, you could use Smash Stack to run AnyTitle Deleter and delete the WAD that is causing the problem, however, I think someone mentioned that, for some reason, this does not work. Could someone clarify if this is true and if there is a way to make it work?
November 11, 2009 03:16AM
Autoboot seems to only install updates.
November 11, 2009 04:44AM
WikiFSX
Autoboot seems to only install updates.

A game patched to autoboot will autoboot the game. This worked with Twilight Princess so as to use the Twilight Hack, but that required the Twilight Hack save file to already be on the wii. What you are refering to is an update being installed from a normal (not autoboot) game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login