Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how do i install homebrew apps because I want wiiscu

Posted by lilboyblue3000 
how do i install homebrew apps because I want wiiscu
November 22, 2009 03:09AM
having trouble finding root of sd card I know its a dumb question but I really need help. I can sense Akiro getting ready give me that roasting as I type I tried to read up the stuff but I might by making thing harder than they need to by thanks. if it matter im on windows xp / wii system memu 4.1 and really suck at this simple stuff. i'll might just make my friend do it for me lol. Thank you nintendo should stop hating on you and make you the second party developers because you guys make all the cool stuff for free and its very stable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2009 03:17AM by lilboyblue3000.
Re: how do i install homebrew apps because I want wiiscu
November 22, 2009 03:16AM
The root of the SD card means not in any folders.
apps should be in their own folders in the "apps" folder.
So on your SD card, make a folder called "apps"
Inside that make a folder for the app, so make an "insert app name here" folder.
then rename the something.dol or something.elf to the boot.dol or boot.elf (sometimes it already is) and put the boot file in the appname folder
November 22, 2009 03:27AM
thanks bg4545 your best help i've gotten all day I'll get my friend right on it.

so it should look like wiiscu.dol right
November 22, 2009 03:31AM
No, boot.dol. :)
November 22, 2009 04:15AM
alright then wiiscu.boot.dol.
November 22, 2009 04:22AM
No, don't have the wiiscu there. Just call it "boot.dol". :P
November 22, 2009 08:13AM
ok i already got an apps folder from hacking my wii so all I got to do is put a new folder name it boot.dol then I'll be able to work with the wiiscu file because thats all I want.
November 22, 2009 08:29AM
No.

Inside the apps folder, make a folder called wiiscu. Then, put the boot.dol file that comes with WiiSCU when you download it inside of the wiiscu folder you made inside the apps folder. :P
November 22, 2009 10:36PM
ok so I make a new file in the apps called wiiscu after I download then copy and paste the boot.dol file that comes with the wiiscu compressed zip folder then I'm on my way and thanks for having the patience to deal with me even I might be opening up a whole new can of worns but any way thank you WaxyPumpkin72
November 22, 2009 11:08PM
yes, it should be (SD card letter):/apps/wiiscu/boot.dol
November 23, 2009 01:36AM
thanks guys I works perfectly and I used the free wii point nintendo gave me to buy mario bros 3 you are the best and happy thank giving for but I can get the description to show up but thats not nesscesary thanks.
November 23, 2009 02:31AM
If there was a meta.xml in the WiiSCU package, drop that in the folder and it will work.
November 23, 2009 09:34PM
add icon.png to get a picture as well ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login